Author Topic: Laid Up Ships  (Read 216006 times)

Offline Krispen Atkinson

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Shipping Videos
Re: Laid Up Ships
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2009, 11:10:31 AM »
Interesting to hear about the Moorgate - I presume she'll appear on the list for Southampton soon, and join her fleetmates.

Krispen

Offline laurie

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2009, 11:04:46 PM »
Looking at the PLA website ,there seems to have been some movement of the Coastal Bulk Shipping vessels in the past couple of days. Pipit and Teal have moved from Denton to Erith Reach.Martin has left Erith pontoon and has joined Swallow at Gallions Reach. Martin and Redwing have also left Erith Pontoon and I believe they are now on the Medway.
Swift and Falcon are still at Erith Tier and Ardent and Lark at Woolwich Tier

Laurie

Offline Krispen Atkinson

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2009, 11:20:08 PM »
Curlew and Redwing both went to the Medway on Wednesday (14th), and went on the mud berth at Hoo, joined today(15th) by Fulmar, which moved across from Gillingham.

Krispen

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2009, 06:35:31 AM »
Allan,
A change of plan perhaps..Sierra Nevada Highway is currently (06:30) passing Dover en route to Southampton, due in later today at 15:30, with an evening departure for Baltimore.
That must be something of a record for a trip to Bremerhaven and back.
Meanwhile, the other 2 are just sitting there, showing no apparent interest in going anywhere.

Adrian Ford

« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2009, 12:49:54 PM »
I have just noticed that the PIPIT has passed Cortyon dest. HOO according to Comar?

Adrian Ford

« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2009, 12:51:24 PM »
I have just noticed that the PIPIT has passed Cortyon dest. HOO according to Comar?

Offline brimar

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2009, 03:03:46 PM »
Hello Once Again,
                           Yet another vessel sailed from 'Warm Layup'
'BW ARTIC' Departed Torbay Deep Water Anchorage at approx 1400 today
16th Jan 09..Destination:- Ponta Da Madeira. She has been here since 21/12/08
                                   Cheers,
                                    Brian.

Offline brimar

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2009, 09:30:33 AM »
Hello,
         Correction about the Bulker 'MOORGATE'
The vessel did not stay at the Deep Water Anchorage in Torbay.
She did anchor in Torbay for a short period on 15th Jan 09 for the purpose of boarding Police Officers by Pilot Launch to investigate the death of the Chief Engineer while in the Bay of Biscay..there was no suspicious cicumstances and his body was landed in Brixham.....the vessel then left to unknown destination.
                          Sorry about the orginal misinformation..it did'nt help with the vessels ais transponder not working.
                               Cheers,
                               Brian

Offline FWE

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2009, 12:16:47 PM »
Are ships allowed to switch off their AIS transponders when they are anchored eg in lay-by or warm-lay-up ?. It seems that they can change some static data fields easily, apart from those of destination and eta. Is there any evidence that ships are switching them off to avoid detection ?  Does this pose any issues of marine safety and security ? There are interesting side issues to this thread. Just who is monitoring this eg is it the Coastguards and what are the penalties ?. I understand a ship will be challenged in the Dover Strait if AIS is off or data is incorrect but it seems in other places it may not. with implications for creditors now trying to arrest ships.

Offline Krispen Atkinson

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2009, 12:17:25 PM »
According to AIS, Moorgate was still out in the anchorage in Lyme Bay this morning?

Offline henrycourt

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2009, 01:03:07 PM »
I understand you can "park" in MARGATE ROADS and you are not obliged to tell anyone. You couldn't do that in days of Hornbeam reports !!!!! Rgds..

Offline brimar

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2009, 07:07:33 PM »
HI,
       Would be appreciated if 'Cornishman' could give me the anchored position of the 'Moorgate' .She is still not sending data to my ais receiver and have checked 3 other public ais sites and not showing on theirs either..thanks in anticipation.
                                    Cheers,
                                      Brian

Offline henrycourt

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2009, 07:56:13 PM »
AIS LIVE showing the following: MOORGATE  IMO;9009152  Call Sign A8CQ8 in position N.50.28.128  W 3.24.327 detected at 1652.48 today 17.1.09. AIS LIVE Expensive but good. Rgds.;

Offline Krispen Atkinson

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2009, 08:09:56 PM »
Henrycourt beat me to it Brimar.

Anyway, looks like she is only sending very short bursts of data - probably why she is not showing up very often.

Krispen

Offline brimar

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2009, 11:54:22 PM »
Thanks very much for the position of the 'Moorgate' Henrycourt & Cornishman ...have ventured out from my house and walked 250meters around the corner and there she is!!! so I can see her and from the lat/long you gave she is 5.5 miles from my house...so its a strange mystery why i am receiving data from the other 4 ships anchored within 3 miles of her and over the last 36hours ihave been logged as having an area coverage of 3075 sq kms ....maybe I need to do a little 'tweaking'.
                   Thanks once again.
                         Brian.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk