Author Topic: This video lark...  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Ship's Cat

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ship-Photo
This video lark...
« on: November 26, 2011, 03:42:52 PM »
Last year I bought a Canon 7D but I have only just got round to using the video feature. I tried it out on the Queen Mary 2 on Thursday, as she passed East Cowes on her way to Hamburg for a refit.

I make no great claims for the quality but, here are the results of my first forays into video. There's no sound because the sound quality from the internal microphone is not good and it tends to pick up all the clicks and whirrs from the camera's workings. I could add music but then there are copyright issues which I don't want to fall foul of. Nonetheless I am not displeased with it.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElTNe1WPp3Q  
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:55:24 PM by FaithJ »

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: This video lark...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 08:16:49 AM »
Hi Faith,

As Ken said a very good first try. Next time be sure to use a tripod, it will improve your video very much. For most people looking at one ship for 6 minutes gets a bit boring. Try to edit your footage a bit. You can do that with the free Windows live moviemaker. The clicking is most probably because you have the camera on auto. Put it on manual and the clicking is gone.
Google for license free music and you can find free music for your video's one I use is: http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/index.html?

Looking forward to your next video.
Have fun Fred

Offline Ship's Cat

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ship-Photo
Re: This video lark...
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »
Thanks for the comments Ken and Fred.

I agree about the length, Fred, but I was seeing how to put things together, this was about 5 or 6 short videos put together in one lot; I think that most of my future ones will be a lot shorter unless there are a lot of ships (partly because of the lengthy upload time, this took about 90 minutes to load. How long do your 25 minute ones take?  :o ).

My camera setting was on AV, I'll use Manual next time.

Thanks for the tips, they are appreciated. I'll also look at the link you provided for the music. :)

This video lark could be addictive...  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk