Author Topic: Belt-unloaders  (Read 4353 times)

Offline Patrick Helgesen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Belt-unloaders
« on: June 12, 2010, 02:43:06 AM »
does anybody know where one would be able to find pictures of belt-unloaders

Offline Pilot Frans

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Sanderse Shipphoto
Re: Belt-unloaders
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 11:31:06 AM »
Look at the pictures of the :
-Weser Stahl
-Yeoman Bontrup (and other Yeoman ships)
-SMT Bontrup

regards
Frans Sanderse

Offline Glenn Towler

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 12:01:25 PM »
Any of the vessels ending in NES of the Jebsens Fleet.

CSL Pacific/River Torrens

Offline tropic maritime images

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 12:05:14 PM »
siske,

Have a look HERE

Cheers,
tropic

Offline Arnes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 05:10:19 PM »
I was mate onboard TINNES and TELNES, which was the first Jebsens-belters (as we called them). I joined just a week after the first vessel was delivered from Kleven M/V in Ulsteinvik. Then the captain, chief-officer and chief-engineer had spent many months in Canada, following one of Algoma Railway (I think thats the name) vessels, to obtain experience of to how the system works. Each hold had 8 to 10 gates on the bottom of hold, hydraulic driven, which was controlled from a cargo-control room. Below cargo-holds, where we could watch cargo flow to the belts, we had cameras monitoring the flow, so that we didn't cause spell or overload to motors driving the belts.
These 2 vessels was later transferred to British flag, and has later on done some more flag-changes. I have later been serving on other of the Jebsens-belt carriers, like TERTNES, TORNES and TRIMNES.
I think that you will find photos of these vessels if you search for them on this site.
rgds, Arnes

Offline Magogman

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://magogman.blogspot.com
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 05:16:56 PM »
Most of the Great Lakes bulkers are self unloaders with conveyor belt unloading systems and you can find hundreds of photos of them in the Great Lakes bulker category, to include some photos of the ships unloading.  If you wish to find photos of closer shots of the conveyor booms contact me at [email protected] and I can send you some.
    The Great Lakes shipping web site www.boatnerd.com has an extensive photo archive which may be of use and also in the book section or another section there is a reference to a book that is dedicated to only self unloading systems.
My blog with narrative and more photos is located at:
http://magogman.blogspot.com

read the introduction and also there are about 5 different blogs of ships and railroads

Offline Jean Hemond

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jeanhemond.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 03:11:32 PM »
It came back to my memory that the developments were for Coal unloaders for  power plants on the Great Lakes  then for the grain  bulker trade.

The leaders for development during the sixties were with out any doubt Stephens-Adamson from Ontario Canada later sold to a Swedish company.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk