Author Topic: Rainbow Warrior  (Read 1553 times)

Offline David Jackson

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Rainbow Warrior
« on: June 14, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »
Rainbow Warrior (Greenpeace) is presently anchored in front of my flat off the Malta Qawra coast, aprox 36deg West of North (I think), unfortunately  she is well in range of my binnoculars but not really in range of my 200mm plus X2 exension. (Spose I will have to sit on the balcony all night in case she moves closer!) Anyone know why she would be in these waters?
Saturday 1800hrs.

Re: Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 04:44:16 PM »
Appears to be a PR exercise - this from http://www.eitb.com/news/society/detail/153355/greenpeaces-flagship-now-in-bilbao/

The Rainbow Warrior, flagship of the environmental group Greenpeace, is now in Bilbao, more specifically, at the city's Maritime Museum. Its arrival coincides with the 25th anniversary of the environmental organisation in Spain and comes with a double-objective: to denounce the affects of climate change in the Basque Country and demand concrete solutions for combating it.

The ship has presented itself on the Basque coast as an "ambassador for climate" and hopes to make people away of the need to urgently take action and begin measures to halt the effects of global warming. With this in mind, while in Bilbao they will illustrate the ways in which the Basque Country itself has suffered due to climate change, such as the rise in sea-levels and the latitudinal migration of certain species. The ship will open its doors on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th May.

Inside the Rainbow Warrior, Greenpeace will present its report on "The Climate Crisis: Proof of climate change in Spain," which will uncover some of the effects of global warming already taking place, and also the book 25 years in Action, a compilation of some 300 actions carried out by the environmental group since they began campaigning in Spain 25 years ago.

So she has moved on from Spain - and continues to 'spread the word'  :-)

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk