Author Topic: Euronav and OSG to convert two 442,000 dwt ULCCs to FSOs  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Mats

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Euronav and OSG to convert two 442,000 dwt ULCCs to FSOs
« on: February 28, 2008, 10:13:59 AM »
Euronav and OSG are teaming up to supply floating storage and offloading (FSO) units to Maersk Oil in Qatar. The joint venture will provide two vessels for the Al Shaheen field, where "Knock Nevis" (564,000 dwt) is already operating as an FSO.

The eight-year contracts will require the conversion of the two largest tankers in the world, the 442,000

Offline Eren Topcu

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
    • http://intractibleren.googlepages.com/home
Re: Euronav and OSG to convert two 442,000 dwt ULCCs to FSOs
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:13:01 PM »
Hi from İstanbul;

I am really sorry to hear this new that it has not been constructed any new ULCC nowadays as far as i know and their quantity is getting decrease.

According to me oil tankers always have to be largest floating objects of the world. This title become them.

Before scrap Kapetan Michalis-Kapetan Giannis-Sea World-Batillus-Bellamya-Pierre Guillaumat-Sea Giant were sailing but unfortunately they scrapped that it does not seem possible to see such a big ship anymore.

I would like to say from here that after made Emma Maersk it made me really unhappy that i always used to see oil tankers as a biggest ships of the world.

I wish to be constructed soon best and biggest ULCC ever made.

Best Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk