Author Topic: More Tyneside pictures???  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
More Tyneside pictures???
« on: October 27, 2007, 07:36:28 PM »
I see that the Oilrig 'Northern Producer' currently at the McNulty Yard South Shields is due to sail at Midnight on the 1st November.
This is unusual to move such a large vessel in the dark so watch for a change in sailing time and there is no 'Navigation Notice' yet on the Tyne VTS.
If she does sail then we may get to see some BIG tugs arriving the day before!
OR, you might need a good flash camera!!
 :-)
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

Re: More Tyneside pictures???
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 08:18:49 PM »

Tynesider wrote:
I see that the Oilrig 'Northern Producer' currently at the McNulty Yard South Shields is due to sail at Midnight on the 1st November.
This is unusual to move such a large vessel in the dark so watch for a change in sailing time and there is no 'Navigation Notice' yet on the Tyne VTS.
If she does sail then we may get to see some BIG tugs arriving the day before!
OR, you might need a good flash camera!!
 :-)

Hi Mike

The Port of Tyne always use the time :59 to signal that it is very much an estimated time - I see it all of the time and recognise it as being a signal for "don't bother coming down wit your camera". Purely speculative - I wouldn't be surprised if its a good time after the estimated departure that she actually goes. The 'big give away' will be when we see some Ocean Going Tugs scheduled for arrival ;-)

Regards

Steve Ellwood

Re: More Tyneside pictures???
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 09:09:08 PM »
Hi Mike

The other thing is that HMS Illustrious will by that time be berthed more or less opposite and I wouldn't imagine the Tyne Pilots would want that obstruction in the way  :lol:

Regards

Steve Ellwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk