Author Topic: Teesport Ghost Ship Plans, Revised! (Decision Put Back)  (Read 5942 times)

Re: Teesport Ghost Ship Plans, Revised! (Decision Put Back)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 07:35:23 PM »

NLHOBDAY wrote:
Hang on a second, are you saying you heard one of the worlds largest drydocks will be built here at Teesport, plus a oilrig yard?

Hi Nathan

Oddly enough, Able UK are making a claim on their web site that they have the |"largest dry dock /wet basin in Europe - 360m x 300m with a 290m wide gate" see: http://www.ableuk.com/offshore-facilities.htm

Now I always thought that Harland and Woolff in Belfast had the largest dry dock in the World - now tell me, since when has Belfast not been in Europe?

Regards

Steve Ellwood

Offline Nathan

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 07:41:20 PM »
Ha ha ha! I thought teesport only had the one drydock, owned by A&P Tees.

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 08:10:47 PM »
Hello Nathan
          According to the last local TV report (Wed night this week) Able has a deadline of spring 2008 to build this new dock or it would loose tentitive orders as they would not meet deliveries.
If it is a 'big dock' then someone must be quick digging it??
I do not know the area as well as you but my guess is they may be damming an area off to form a dock like they did a Tig Bay in Scotland.
Also DEFRA & the Department of the Enviroment also still need to rubber stamp the scrapping of the current ships at Able.
 :-)
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

Offline Nathan

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 08:39:41 PM »
Yeah, on google earth, you can see where the ships are docked. Plus plenty of grass land surronding, they have plenty of room for the construction! But it all depends what the council and the gaffers at the nuclear power plant have to say.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk