Author Topic: P&O Ferries and Prince Willian  (Read 1586 times)

Offline CedricH

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
P&O Ferries and Prince Willian
« on: November 10, 2006, 09:29:13 PM »
Hi,

I read in a Belgian newspaper that prince william made a crossing on a P&O Ferries vessel from Dover to Calais and was not allowed acces into a bar (probably the Club Lounge) and the member of staff didn't recongise him.
Does anyone know witch ship it was?

Thanks
Photo admin for the Passenger Vessels, RO/RO, Ship Interiors and Vehicle Carriers categories

Offline Hawkeye

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: P&O Ferries and Prince Willian
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 10:37:34 PM »
Hi Cedric

This story also appeared in the British newspapers. The ship in question was the Pride of Calais.
Here is the article that appeared in the Sun newspaper: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006510562,00.html?bcsi_scan_EAA0FD72473B0AC7=0&bcsi_scan_filename=0,,2-2006510562,00.html

I also noticed on your post that you used the wrong witch, or was you describing the stewardess who turned him away. I hope not, she had a busy day that day, and to suddenly be confronted by a Prince, who was travelling as a normal passenger, and a busy lounge which, (this is the correct spelling) may not have had room. In all fairness, he didn't pull rank on the poor girl, but did what any normal person his age would do. Hit the bar for a few drinks.
Regards
Karl
 :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk