Author Topic: Merger between DNV and Germanischer Lloyd  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Tore Hettervik

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Merger between DNV and Germanischer Lloyd
« on: December 20, 2012, 09:06:28 PM »
Merger between DNV and Germanischer Lloyd

DNV and GL have signed an agreement for the merger. The new entity will be called DNV GL Group. DNV Foundation will hold 63.5% of the shares, while the remaining 36.5% will be of Mayfair SE, family office of Guenter Herz and Daniela Herz-Schoeckel, which controls Germanischer Lloyd. Henrik O. Madsen, who currently is CEO of Det Norske Veritas (DNV), will be CEO of the new group.
 DNV GL Group - which will operate in the Maritime, Oil & Gas, Energy and Business Assurance segments - will be headquartered in H

Offline polsteam

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://ships.greenet.pl/photo
Re: Merger between DNV and Germanischer Lloyd
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 08:51:52 PM »
I have nothing to comment on this news item. Certainly there must be some kind of rationale for both entities to merge (money, etc.).

However, when talking about takeovers and mergers in general...  How much the world becomes less interesting (boring, undiversified) these days, with so many shipping companies and shipyards, logos, company identities, liveries, traditions disappearing... :(  not to mention jobs...

:(
despite using "polsteam" for my nick I have NO personal (professional) or business connections with the company of the same name

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk