Author Topic: Ship crash on NOK Kiel Chanal- noone take notice of it  (Read 7768 times)

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Ship crash on NOK Kiel Chanal- noone take notice of it
« on: August 25, 2011, 03:43:41 PM »
what happens with this site??
there is a shipcrash on the NOK Kiel Canal and noone takes notice  here in the forum.
Some years ago I'm sure 1/2 a hour after the collision we would have details with fotos.
Today 10 hous later there is no information here.
Is this site gone for only photagraphers or are here some members they are still interesting what's going on in shipbusiness and on the oceans.
Time has changed in the forum you can find messages 1 or 2 days old.
Unbelivable in the past  there you could see on the major side messages only some hours then they were removed from newer one.
Xylad-Peter
I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova. My favorite is the Suez Canal, Panama Canal and since 2006 also Chinese harbours.

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ship crash on NOK Kiel Chanal- noone take notice of it
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 03:54:21 PM »
Hello Peter,
I got the message late this morning, but the only detail given was "near Schuelp, at kilometer 55.5", involved a german tanker and a containership, flag Antigua, only some damages at both ships, no persons injured.
I tried to find the ships name------------no success, not even in the statement of the police.
Now, hours later I have the information from a good friend, but not from authorities.

Rgds.
juergen

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »
Hi Juergen

so are you going to share the information on the vessels involved with Shipspotting ?  I'm sure there are many that would like to know.

Allan

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 04:30:27 PM »
Peter,

You obviously have not noticed that a recent spate of accidents and incidents have been widely reported on this forum and quickly after they occurred too. So if you knew about this incident on the Kiel Canal, why didn't you post some information, instead of complaining that no-one else had?

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 04:35:35 PM »
Hi Allan,
I will forward the message:

http://www.vesseltracker.com/de/Ships/Jana-9330185.html

I live very close to the canal but don't get always knowledge about accidents.

Rgds.
Juergen

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 04:41:11 PM »
Thank you Juergen. That's helpful.

Brgds
Phil

Offline Bill Godfrey

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 04:46:55 PM »
According to an article (in German) at the "Kieler Nachrichten" website, the ships involved in the collision were the German tanker Jana and the containership Herm Kiepe.

http://www.kn-online.de/microsites/aktuell_im_norden/247790-Ruderversagen-Kollision-auf-dem-Kanal.html

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 09:35:07 PM »
thanksall for the information

Phil
if I had more information I wouldn't ask in the forum i would post them. I live 800km away from the Kiel Canal and it is notable that there is after 10 hours no comment in the forum.
xylad-peter
I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova. My favorite is the Suez Canal, Panama Canal and since 2006 also Chinese harbours.

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 08:16:15 AM »
Peter,

That was not a question, it was a bitter rant, and totally uncalled for at that. If you had asked politely on the forum as soon as you had heard about it, you wouldn't have had to wait 10 hours for the information. I for one would have made the effort to find out through the network of information I have available at work. Instead, you come here ranting and raving like a lunatic and not winning many friends

Brgds
Phil

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 10:12:26 AM »
Phil,
A personal view: it seems to me you are the one ranting and raving. Give it a rest!
Peter made a point which may have read differently if written and read in his native German language.
He is a long way from the canal and is presumably relying on shipspotting to keep him up to date on what is happening in the region.

BobS

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 10:45:38 AM »
Phil:
Like Kelvin (it's not often we agree) I think you have got the wrong end of the stick about what Peter was saying. I have met him (and Frau S)and he certainly did not seem to be a 'ranting' type of person (and neither did his good lady!).
I certainly do see the very good point point he makes about whether this site is just for ship photographers or for people who are actually interested in ships, knowing how they work and how they are operated. As someone who also works in the shipping industry, surely you get that point, too.
Bob
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:48:30 AM by Bob Scott »

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
Bob,

Maybe I have taken Peter's comments out of context. If I have, I will sincerely apologise to him but I've read his post again and there is nothing along the lines of "Please can someone help.." etc. Perhaps that is the German way as Kelvin suggests. The point of whether the site is purely for photographers or for general shipping interest is indeed valid. However, the general tone of the post appears to be more one of complaint than an opening for discussion. Seeing as you have met Peter and know him personally I take on board what you say.

Brgds
Phil

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 05:34:59 PM »
Phil,
It is no need to AFFRONT me.
I asked for information, because I was interested. 2 weeks ago I passed the Kielcanal from Kiel to Hamburg and gave my opinion of the actual situation of the site in a civiliced mode.I want to get insider information. Everybody knows that information about shipbusiness in newspapers is not always correct.
Is this your way to hot me down because I see things in another way as you?
Has the site changed in yesayer and nice weather fotographers, who have photoshop as their main tool? I see shipspotting.com as site with information as Kelvin wrote and as site to see the vessels as photos and not as a photo data set to make money with the photo and the advertisment.
Actually I

Offline Timsen

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 07:37:12 AM »
I would agree that discussions about shipping topics are not too inspiring on shipspotting the recnent time. However, here is a photo series regarding the collision of the "Herm Kiepe" and the "Jana" (scroll down)
http://www.binnenschifferforum.de/forum/showthread.php?34837-Schiffs-Crash-auf-dem-Nord-Ostsee-Kanal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk