Author Topic: VLCC for Fawley  (Read 7414 times)

Offline spanner

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
VLCC for Fawley
« on: June 11, 2011, 07:57:19 PM »
Maersk Nectar due around 17-20 June

Offline spanner

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: VLCC for Fawley
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 11:23:31 AM »
The Maersk Nectar should berth high water Monday night/Tuesday Morning around 0200

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 08:14:26 PM »
Hi Spanner

simply typical of anything decent in Southampton - it arrives or departs in the middle of the night !!

frustrated Allan

Offline Ian Thomas

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 09:48:02 PM »
I can relate to that with some of the LNG Carriers here in Milford Haven Allan, when you want to get out in daylight hours to get some photos of them they tend to arrive and depart in the dark, so your not on your own there.

Ian
Photo corrections Admin for Tankers and Data Editor.

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://kelvindavies.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 04:41:30 AM »
Hi Spanner

simply typical of anything decent in Southampton - it arrives or departs in the middle of the night !!

frustrated Allan

Or not!
According to VTS, Pamisos is due in Fawley today, from Nab Anchorage.
According to VTS it never departs!
How often do we see this these days? It is not unusual to see vessels arriving with no scheduled departure.
You are right though, about the silly o'clock movements.
This morning at 05:30, there is a procession with OOCL Washington leading Queen Victoria, Asian Breeze, Autoprestige and Hoegh Trove, while Kuala Lumpur Express left a couple of hours ago.
For the rest of the day, during daylight hours, a couple of tanker movements and then it all starts again around 19:00!
Happy days!
Kelvin

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 08:37:13 AM »
Hi Spanner

Here is a question.  Did Botafogo bring in crude.  She's on Esso 4 and tracing her back came in from Ruwais on a 14m draft, although Soton VTS reckoned Gibraltar !

Allan

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 10:58:30 AM »
Sitting here at Cloudyshot, I noticed an update to VTS.
Pamiso is due to leave Esso 5 tomorrow afternoon. Maersk Nectar is still due to berth on Esso 5 tomorrow morning.
Discuss!
I also see Yasa Golden Bosporous is due to move from Esso 5 to Esso 5 without even arriving!
Finally, Pamiso due at the Hook at 13:30. Rain due at the Hook at 13:30!
Good or what?
Kelvin (and Trevor and Graham)

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 12:35:50 AM »
Did Botafogo bring in crude.  She's on Esso 4 and tracing her back came in from Ruwais on a 14m draft, although Soton VTS reckoned Gibraltar!

Both.  Sailed Ruwais 23/5.  Called Gibraltar Bay 11/6 - four hour stop for bunkers

Pamiso is due to leave Esso 5 tomorrow afternoon. Maersk Nectar is still due to berth on Esso 5 tomorrow morning.

Both pm now.

also see Yasa Golden Bosporous is due to move from Esso 5 to Esso 5 without even arriving!

Disappeared from VTS list.  Sailed Murmansk 17/6 and ship's AIS a few hours ago had due Fawley 1900UTC 23/6

David

Offline spanner

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 02:23:10 PM »
Botafogo brought in Jet fuel, and discharged part cargo. There is a slight light at end of tunnel i understand Pamisos is running late on discharge, therefore Maersk Nectar could miss tide and would berth in day light, but the only problem with that ideal is she has part discharged in Rotterdam and is only 11m draft and not tidal. We will wait and see, my money is on early Tuesday morning.
Normally VTS give arrival at anchor as am/pm. when a time is published to berth then this is when a pilot has been arranged by Esso/Vts.
Departure times shown on VTS are normally posted in advance by shipping agents and are not that reliable, sailing time would not be finalised until 2 or 3 hours prior to departure.
Next one for Esso 5 after the big one will be Katja Wednesday pm.

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 02:41:16 PM »
Hi Spanner

Thanks for that, Botafogo now goes into product rather than crude tankers list.

cheers

Allan

Offline spanner

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
Maersk nectar booked 0230 21st

BobS

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 07:53:33 PM »
BOTAFOGO is a LR2 (long-range type 2) crude oil/product tanker with epoxy-coated cargo tanks. Equasis seems to be blind to this type of dual-purpose ship and persists in calling them crude carriers. A clue that she was carrying product is given in the start-point of this latest voyage. Ruwais, Abu Dhabi, is the site of a large refinery and it was precisely for this type of work

Offline Kelvin Davies

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 08:33:21 PM »
Oh how things change!
When I first worked in Saudi Arabia, late 1970s early 1980s, I was amazed to discover that all the aviation fuel was imported and it was pretty much a similar story up and down the Gulf.
I suppose it was only a matter of time before they got their act together and started refining their own stuff.
Next question I suppose is why is Esso importing aviation fuel? I thought they made it at Fawley?
Kelvin

Offline ChasB46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 08:40:15 PM »
Perhaps they can buy it cheaper in bulk than they can make it and make a "nice little earner" from the airlines.

Offline spanner

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 11:02:05 PM »
Fawley does make Jet Fuel but not enough to supply the uk airports and has to import.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk