Author Topic: Harbors  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Burlington1984

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Harbors
« on: March 02, 2011, 01:32:26 AM »
Are all these photos at harbors accessible to the public or are they taken by shipping employees? Is there any place to go ship spotting in Buffalo, New York?

Offline Glenn Towler

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Harbors
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 04:28:01 AM »
Ones I have taken, the lcation the shot was taken from are areas that are certanly accesable to the public

Glenn

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:23:01 PM »
Although close access to ships when they are docked is usually restricted, there are often public places close by which are perfect for shipspotting. Here in the UK there are plenty of public areas overlooking harbours, on river banks, estuaries, etc where decent ship photos can be had.

Brgds
Phil
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:49:54 PM by Phil English »

Shiphotos

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 07:54:51 PM »
I have recently seen photos of ships in Buffalo's Black Rock canal.  I don't know how to get there but obviously it's not too restricted.

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 01:04:16 PM »
Hi,

I visited Buffalo back in 2002, The enclosed docks were not open to the public but there were a few locations for photography along the roads that ran beside some berths which I believe were an extension behind the main dock area.

eg. http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=268061

Don't forget the Buffalo and Erie County Naval and Military Park, some nice museum ships to be seen, there was also a couple of tugs there too.

Regards

Bob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk