Author Topic: Vessel that have visted NZ and are being replaced 2011  (Read 75708 times)

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Vessel that have visted NZ and are being replaced 2011
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2011, 02:25:09 AM »
In addition

Pacific Voyager tbn Chekiang
Pacific Mariner tbn Changsha
Pacific Explorer tbn Chengtu
Pacific Discoverer tbn Chenan
Pacific Java tbn Hunan
Pacific Flores tbn Hupeh
Pacific Celebes tbn Hoihow
Pacific Makassar tbn Hangchow

Chartered vessels will retain their present names (for the meantime)

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2011, 04:43:17 AM »
Amazing old names. ;D
It looks like the Pacific Voyager and Pacific Mariner, under their new names, will be transferring to the WCNA run replacing Pacific Java, Celebes, Flores and Makassar.
They are also including a southbound call into Bluff.

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2011, 03:13:59 AM »
After only 6 months, the NYK Lyttelton is being replaced by the Rudolf Schepers.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2011, 09:18:07 PM »
"Heike P" IMO 9225419 will replace "Josephine Maersk" on the South East Asia run. Josephine Maersk to head to the repair yard for survey. Heike P last called into NZ as "Maersk Pelepas".

Maersk's "Yellow Moon" has been under repair in Auckland for some time now. Repairs are not going well and she is to be replaced on the Tahiti run by "Amazon River" IMO 9330238.

Pacific Direct line have had several vessels filling in on their schedule to Tahiti and were to take slots again on Yellow Moon. Due to the ongoing problems with Yellow Moon, they have decided instead to take up a charter of MCP Villach IMO 9520493.

They have also chartered MCP Salzburg IMO 9383481 to do a one off voyage to Apia and Nuku'alofa. They will have to use large mobile cranes at Auckland and in the Islands, as she does not have gear of her own,
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 10:45:54 AM by Stephen Chester »

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
Swire are replacing Tasman Pathfinder with "Anhui" IMO 9231145. She was formerly Cape Darnley.

Offline Brent

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2011, 06:04:49 AM »
The Josephine Maersk will return to the New Zealand service in place of Welle.

Cap Vilano replaces Annabelle Schulte at Vancouver 31.12. on PNW USA service.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2011, 10:35:38 PM »
News out this morning.
Maersk Line quits Ports of Auckland amid dispute
UPDATED11:16 AM Tuesday Dec 6, 2011

Ports of Auckland says it's lost a major shipping line service in the wake of an ongoing dispute with workers.

Maritime Union workers held a second 24-hour strike at the port yesterday, following a lock out by the company of 327 staff at the weekend.

So far the industrial dispute has affected the Bledisloe and Fergusson container terminals, and associated road and rail services.

Ports of Auckland says it will postpone today's mediation, now that Maersk Line has advised it will shift its Southern Star container shipping service from Auckland to Tauranga.

Ports of Auckland Chief Executive Tony Gibson said in a statement he was advised of the news by Maersk early this morning.

"Naturally, we are hugely disappointed," Mr Gibson said. "The Southern Star was one of Auckland's largest shipping services."

He says the port company will lose 52 ship calls, 82,500 containers (123,600 TEU), and nearly $20m in revenue annually.

"Maersk have explained to us that the possibility of further industrial unrest has been central to their decision to shift the service to Tauranga."

Mr Gibson said his worst fears had been realised.

"We had already warned the union that their strike action, during one of the busiest times in the shipping schedule, could cost Ports of Auckland a major customer and threaten jobs."

He says mediation will be postponed until later in the week, and he's called for the union to lift the strike notice it has in place for this Friday.

The service loss is effective from this week's vessel, the Euro Max voyage 126N, which will now call Tauranga on Saturday 10 December.

- Herald Online

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2011, 04:22:54 AM »
You really need to be a bit careful about posting such one sided articles.
I am a member of the union in question and can tell you that there is a lot more behind this than what Gibson is saying.
Do you really think Maersk is changing a large service with 6 DAYS notice. And then blaming us. Remember also Gibson was the previous MD of Maersk NZ.
I have been a member of this Union since Oct 2000 and in that time we have had 2 stoppages, of 2 days and one of 1 day. Does that indicate that we are disruptive. iIthink not.
And yet we are blamed for this.
Large coincidence wouldn't you say.
The fact is we are not going to put up with truck drivers doing our work, who are actually working for a company (Conlinxx,) which is 90% owned by the Port. We will also not put up with contract workers working for $15 per hr.
No point in comparing us with Tauranga, they would work for a bag of hooch.
We wont.
The real reason appears to be one of one of Maersk's largest customers (Fonterra) putting pressure to move to Tauranga.

Mike  (hilifta)  
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:34:48 AM by Mike Cornwall »
Hilifta

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2011, 10:20:03 AM »
Excuse me Mike, but don't have a go at me....
I have just copied the article as printed in the NZ Herald. If it is a one sided article you should take it up with them, or the authors of the other articles that have appeared in the news segment on this site.
They aren't my views, and I know there are two sides to every story, as you have outlined in your reply.

Offline Mike Cornwall

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2011, 11:05:36 AM »
No sorry Steve, I'm not really having a go at you, it's just that I am really fed up with the very biased right wing reporting going on here, both in the press and on TV.
We are, in the public's view, the typical "lazy overpaid thieving wharfies", and it really pi***s me off.
It is far from the truth.
I've worked in this industry for 47yrs and only the last 11yrs as a wharfie, previous to that I was over 30yrs in shipping operations, and I kid you not, I never ever seen management like this lot.
So mate, I'm not having a go at you, I just want to see some balanced, unbiased, and sensible reporting.
You've worked in this industry, and I think you know, like me, that companies like Maersk don't change services as big as this one in 6 days.
Mike
Hilifta

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2011, 03:52:54 AM »
New build "Cape Maas IMO 9571296 will replace "Hammonia Pacificum" on the WCNA service.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2011, 10:39:32 AM »
OOCL's contribution to the ANZEX service is "Valdivia" IMO 9333395. She will replace CMA CGM's "Catena".

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2011, 11:39:26 PM »
"Ocean Coral" IMO 9309863, a regular caller at Gisborne and Marsden Point has been renamed "CSC Zhong Hai" under Hong Kong (China) flag.

Offline Aaron Fox

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2011, 02:09:58 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk