Author Topic: Shipping Company Location?  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Paul Newland

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Page
Shipping Company Location?
« on: November 06, 2010, 11:10:57 PM »
I was just about to upload some pictures of funnel markings and noticed that the site requires for the location of the shipping company to be included.
I was wondering if there is any easy way to find out this information, or a specific source I should use for this?
I've tried to find the company location for MSC Cruises, however found that Wikipedia said it is in Switzerland, a photo on here claims it is in Naples, Italy. A quick look at the MSC website shows they have offices in 43 countries, so basically, which location should I use?
By the way, I was also looking for Costa Cruises (which appears to be based in Genoa, Italy; and Happy Cruises which seems to be based somewhere in Spain?)

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Company Location?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 11:24:30 PM »
Hi Paul,

MSC Cruises is part of the Mediterranean Shipping Co empire, based in Switzerland and controlled by the Italian Aponte family. Costa Cruises is Italian based, but controlled by U.S. Carnival group. It therefore can be difficult. However, for simplicity, it's probably easier to check the company details on Equasis, and use that as the guideline.

Offline Paul Newland

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Page
Re: Shipping Company Location?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 02:56:29 PM »
Thanks for the replies, that seems to have cleared it up a litte.
Though, it was actually the Ship Name/ Title box I was referring to, as it says here that the location of the company should be included in the Title box?
I'll take a look at Equasis later anyway and if I have any luck, I'll include the location.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk