Author Topic: COMPLETED ( work ship model )  (Read 5084 times)

Jim Winsor 53

COMPLETED ( work ship model )
« on: March 21, 2007, 04:28:20 AM »
Would there be anywhere on here we could post photos of a completed model kit as I have a finished scratch built product I would like to post photos of.If I stick the pics in a certain section else where they are going to be pulled I,m sure of it. :-)

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED ( work ship model )
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 08:15:00 AM »
In the past there have been several discussions about model ships on the site. The general opinion was that this site is for shipspotting, for posting photo's of real ships. There are many national and international sites for shipmodellers to show their (beautifull) products. In my opinion models do not belong on this site (otherwise a tsunami of pic's will follow of every card board / wooden / plastic object that resembles a ship, I sure)

Jim Winsor 53

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 11:58:54 PM »
Ok point taken I understand------Thanks.

Offline Umi_Ryuzuki

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 06:03:28 PM »
I have found Shipspotting an invaluable tool for photo referances for my model builds.

You are welcome to start a thread and post models at either
FineScale.com - for Static Models

Set up by Fine Scale Modeler Magazine

RCgroups.com - for Radio control models

At RC groups, we have made great efforts to create a comprehensive forum for sharing build ups, Kit reviews, scratch builds, help and support for the  RC model ship enthusiast.

However you will still have to come to shipspotting for the
awsome phographic referances that everyone here has created.

8-)

Offline Roel Van de Velde

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 06:22:20 PM »
Hello Umi (do you still view the Subpirates board?)

As for real merchant ship modelling and scratch building, I'd say the Debris Field is the best! There are few members there at the moment, but I'm sure that's just because it's not so widely known. Up till now the main subjects were Ocean Liners, but there are some tankers underway too, including my LNG Excel (Scratch built). So if you want to exhibit your models, maybe you can send them to Russel Wild (administrator of that site) and he'll be happy to put them up. THey also have tugboats and older subjects.
www.debrisfield.russellwild.co.uk

For Submarines there is Subpirates and of course the widely known Subcommittee.

For all matter of ships there is the www.modelwarships.com. They do all types of ships including merchant vessels. (although the title says differently, but that was mainly because modelships.com was already taken)

Maybe you can send your pics to one of these sites and put up a link to them over here!

Offline Umi_Ryuzuki

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 10:23:23 PM »
I try to keep track of a couple of threads on SubPirates, but I maintain a higher presence on RCgroups.

When I get around to my Might Servant 3 build I might post a bit more on SubPirates... The MS3 is just a bit more submarine like... Unfortunately too much so right now.

:-?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk