Author Topic: EXPRESS SANTORINI  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Lucas Latreche

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://raflucgr.ra.funpic.de
EXPRESS SANTORINI
« on: February 17, 2007, 12:57:52 AM »
Good Evening

The Express Santorini will be chartered from 18th june to TRANSMACOR for Azores service.
So the only conventional ferries in hsw fleet will be the Express Pegasus,Nissos Chios and Mykonos and also the Ariadne.
I am wondering how the highspeed could be profitbale for hsw, due to their high fuel consommation. And in addition less ships for cyclades means also less lorries because trucks can't go onboard the highspeeds. So to sum up on Pireaus-Paros-Naxos-Ios-Santorini there will be only the Blue star Paros and Naxos, and maybe the Express Pegasus when the Nissos Chios will be delivered.I am speaking of conventional ferries.
On Pireaus-Kythnos-Serifos-Sifnos-Milos-Kimolos, there will be the Agios Georgios and sometimes the Dimitroula and Romilda
On Pireaus-Syros-Mykonos-Ikaria-Samos, there will be the Nissos Mykonos, currently, there is the Express Pegasus.
Well, I won't say about all lines. Obviously, there are more ships for Crete. For Dodecanese, there is no change. The same for northern island service, maybe the Aeolos Kenteris will appear there again, but nothing official.

Concerning, Hsw, I think they should buy or order new tonnage, like the Nissos Mykonos and Chios and set them on Cyclades route.Sure it should be more profitable than the highspeed.
By the way, Hs 3 and 1 are currently on dry-dock in Perama

Regards
Lucas
8-) Mr Express Apollon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk