Author Topic: How to access/recover comments and images of recently deleted photos  (Read 898 times)

Offline dirk septer

• Home away from home
  • Navigare necesse est
    • View Profile
How can I re-upload a photo of one that was deleted today?

How can I see which image was deleted so I can replace it with a better one?

How can I recover/Access the comments made to a photo that was deleted today,
including those made by Clive Harvey, Kyle Stubbs and George Schneider.

Would it be possible to get a forewarning notice that a photograph is going to be deleted
so the member can see which one; and can re-upload another one and also read and
recover all valuable comments made by fellow members?

Offline dirk septer

• Home away from home
  • Navigare necesse est
    • View Profile
Re: How to access/recover comments and images of recently deleted photos
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 01:17:26 PM »
Still do not see my photo of Blue Peter that I want to re-upload.

Offline Dеnis

• Photo Administrator
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
Regards,
Denis

Offline dirk septer

• Home away from home
  • Navigare necesse est
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 05:05:46 AM »
still unable to open/ recover last three messages of August 18 (2) and 19, 2023;

still unable to re-upload other photograph of  Blue Peter.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 06:49:05 AM »
you should always be able to re-upload a shot, unless you have deleted it after your first upload. We are currently working on improving the the deletion system, which will address some of the issues you have raised.

Offline Dеnis

• Photo Administrator
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 02:47:21 PM »
As I found out, if a photo was deleted from site then all comments to it also gone, they can't be retrieved. Can't be found in https://www.shipspotting.com/photo/comments-to-my-photos or in https://www.shipspotting.com/photo/comments-made-by-me
Regards,
Denis

Offline dirk septer

• Home away from home
  • Navigare necesse est
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2023, 11:48:56 PM »
By having deleted my photograph of BLUE PETER, which was the first and only one of the 1928-classic fin-tail vessel, I and for that matter all other members also lost the valuable information supplied by three members, who went out of their way by taking the time to contact me with their valuable information. I still would like to be able to read their three comments.

I think instead of willy-nilly having a posted photograph deleted, the member who posted it should be given a reasonable chance to re-upload a possibly better quality one.

So to do so, he could be given a personal message about a pending deletion, and be allowed to re-upload and also not automatically having wiped out any comments with valuable and interesting information about this vessel.

Is this too much to ask, especially after a succesfull re-upload, this this will make the deletion notice unneccssary.

I still want to re-upload it with a better quality one but want also actually see and  add the valuable comments made by these three members. Deleted photos are never totally deleted and IT should be able to retrieve and save my deleted photograph of 1928-vintage Blue Peter.

Offline Aleksi Lindström

• Vice Webmaster
  • Top Poster
  • Never give up!
    • View Profile
    • My photos on Shipspotting.com
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2023, 07:02:44 AM »
Dirk, why did you delete your other four, fully sharp photos of the BLUE PETER, before your not sharp one was deleted?

What exactly is keeping you now from uploading a better quality version of your not sharp photo? You don't need to see the deleted one to do this. And if you do for some reason, the link was already given to you: https://www.shipspotting.com/photos/removed/big/4/5/9/3611954.jpg?cb=0

Please explain.

Also, we have informed you that the deletion process and notifications will be updated.

Also, the three comments you refer to, they were short ones, one was just the identification of the ship and you are free to contact those members and ask what they said.

Furthermore, I would ask you not to start new topics about the same matter so I have merged your posts.

Regards,
Aleksi L.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk