Author Topic: Soon - New website design  (Read 33662 times)

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Soon - New website design
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2022, 07:54:35 PM »
To be honest you can give only 1 like to your photo,then no big problem

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2022, 07:56:46 PM »
Sorry,very sorry indeed with the new site,I have noted that one can give likes to his own photo

This was doable on the old site, too. Actually, on the old site, if you click fast enough, you could give 2 likes to yourself. But, IMO, it is a sad state of affairs if somebody gives likes to own photos to make others think that somebody clicked like. 

Also, Montenegro still does not appear as country. Is this work in progress too? Any comments from the admins?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 04:18:34 AM by csaba »

Offline andrecas

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2022, 10:49:29 PM »
It's likely some of these issues previously raised among the numerous comments made so far...
Currently using Edge on PC and experiencing multiple issues with new site................
The box that reads "Drop up to 5 files here...." not accepting one file, let alone multiple files.
Several days ago I tried using contact form addressing some issues I'm experiencing using new site design and while form acknowledges message with the line...."Thank you for your message. We read all your emails and we'll try to answer them", I wonder if this feature indeed active or still a work in progress...?
Some issues raised using contact form include....
-  limited options in "Sort feature" (Newest first or Most popular first). Previous site allowed a photographer to access any of their photos going
   back to their first upload made on the site or any other time in between with the click of the mouse. In other words the previous design
   compartmentalized the photos (using pages) whereas with new design it seems endless scrolling is required to view an old upload.....?
-  Incorrect date om my photos.
-  Site generates "Error 521" when generally browsing though photos.
-  No image appearing. Then, hours later or next day there is an image...?

Given how "busy" the new design is with its multiple components to each page (photos/panels with info/increased scrolling, etc., etc.),  the new design, (based on what I've  experienced so far), has made it awkward or cumbersome (moreso for some than others) when trying to upload photos, etc.
The new design on a mobile device not as user friendly as with previous design. Perhaps it all goes back to the format and design of previous site that more conveniently "fit" the size of screen. Whether it be on a PC or mobile device...?

The new Shipspotting site, by emulating its design after some of the other on line ship tracking/uploading sites, has obviously certain challenges to overcome.  Nevertheless, I can understand the frustration expressed by some members in regards to its functionality vs that of the former site.

Offline volker1948

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2022, 09:22:06 AM »
You are so right, andrecas!!!!https://forum.shipspotting.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

Offline Brett Moore

• Just can't stay away
  • Duncan Dock, Table Bay Harbour, Cape Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2022, 01:07:27 PM »
After finally managing to sign in, and reading numerous members experiences i.r.o the new site, I tried to remain open and positive. I am not a paying subcriber so felt it was inapproriate to comment up until now. Really not fond of the new site. Hardly login anymore....just my view. :( :'(

Offline b47b56

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2022, 07:10:49 PM »
Many Thanks for "Drop up to 5 files here....". Working on Chrome.
Additionally thanks to everybody who is continue to fix issues and bugs which sometimes happen, but now really see that new design is working each day better.

Regards, Evgeniy.

Offline rarcand

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2022, 01:02:08 AM »
Hi,

Am I the only one who have to sign in two times before the site acknowledge my identity? While this is not a great problem, I think it is not a normal situation.

I do like the new site, particularly some of the new features like be able to start a search by using the hyperlinks, for exemple the location of pictures.

I hope the best for Shipspotting and thank for all the work.

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2022, 06:10:09 AM »
I only signed in once and the site remembers me.

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2022, 02:48:28 PM »
I do not understand the reason of the new feature "Drop up to 5 files here....".
The rule was: four photos of each vessel taken on one single day.
I do not see that rule in the support section anymore.
In case still valid the "Drop up to 5 files here...." will add additional work for the admin team, checking for the dates.
Also there is the "30 degree difference in view" rule.
Now five photos of each vessel result in more of the same, not very interesting.
Multiple upload is nice but two was for me okay.
Just my opinion.

Pieter Inpijn

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 05, 2022, 04:17:22 PM »
Hi  Pieter, the site at the moment is a mess,in fact if I click in support no indications at all,so... I miss the great old version,if you have a RollsRoyce car you shouldn

Offline manuscan

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 05, 2022, 10:09:20 PM »
I am absolutely agree with you.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2022, 06:12:35 AM »
Hi  Pieter, the site at the moment is a mess,in fact if I click in support no indications at all,so... I miss the great old version,if you have a RollsRoyce car you shouldn

Offline volker1948

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 06, 2022, 08:45:40 AM »
Hello victor radio 74.You,re absolutely right.Maybe I,m too conservative or just a little bit stupid,but the old site was better.Everything was found immediately and it was more fun!!

Offline libertyshiplad

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 06, 2022, 10:08:29 AM »
I do wish there could be far more "Comments" shown,as was the case previously.
Always interesting.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2022, 11:22:09 AM »
I do wish there could be far more "Comments" shown,as was the case previously.
Always interesting.

I was told that the size of the comments box will be increased soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk