Author Topic: Soon - New website design  (Read 33565 times)

Offline Richard Paton

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Soon - New website design
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2022, 03:23:39 PM »
When i click on "photo search" it then appears for a split second then vanishes to a completely blank white page  :(

Is the search box going to be fully working soon?

Cheers

Offline Michael Neidig

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2022, 05:00:24 PM »
Sorry to say, but I don

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2022, 05:08:54 PM »
Michael, it took me a while to find that out, but click on your name, and a screen will open that show a blue column on the left with three options. Click on Photo, and you will have everything you want.

Offline tvtech

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2022, 08:34:47 PM »
I really don't like the new shipspotting look. I think it's a step backwards. I've been a member here for many years and used to look forward every day to check out the latest photos.
Now I've lost all interest. I couldn't be bothered anymore to pop in. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels like this. Should of kept the old shipspotting format. Now it's not nice anymore.

Offline Simon Harrack

• Top Poster
  • Shipspotting is my life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2022, 09:13:50 PM »
Meanwhile, a few weeks have passed since the new site is available and many things are really great. Great work of the developers. A big thank you for that. There are still a few small things to improve. I would like to see the eni number under the photo in the general information. (like it was on the old site).
Only today the upload of the pictures unfortunately makes no fun. the side is so slow and it appears again and again the message "Error 522 Connection timed out" appears again and again. In addition, the images in the individual sections do not load and also when uploading this message appears again and again. I uploaded two pictures within 20 minutes.
I say goodbye for today here and try again tomorrow.

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2022, 07:36:16 AM »
Trying to correct a name like FS L\'Aigle M647 to FS L'Aigle M647 in the photo manager isn't possible. The following error occurs:

Error 2: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Aigle M647' WHERE lid='3406499'' at line 1

Cheers
Jens

Offline Michael Neidig

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2022, 10:19:45 AM »
Sorry Pieter, may be I

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2022, 06:30:14 PM »
Hi Michael, try the name on the top of the page, next to upload...

Offline Michael Neidig

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2022, 10:07:14 AM »
That

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2022, 11:15:40 AM »
At the moment many issues in this unfortunate new site, in my case a photo of ANA GANDON imo 9249532 uploaded Feb.13 2017 appears with all the information but NO image
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 11:19:02 AM by victor radio74 »

Offline Barry Graham

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2022, 03:13:43 PM »
One thing I've noticed recently is that the number of likes and comments recorded against a particular photo is greater in the thumbnail version than in the enlarged version.  The latter is correct (at least for comments).   Also, I find it slightly irritating that after clicking on a particular photograph when scrolling through a list I'm taken back to the start of the listing. 

Offline Bj

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2022, 06:40:51 PM »
I really don't like the new shipspotting look. I think it's a step backwards. I've been a member here for many years and used to look forward every day to check out the latest photos.
Now I've lost all interest. I couldn't be bothered anymore to pop in. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels like this. Should of kept the old shipspotting format. Now it's not nice anymore.
Same to me , the old one was easy t navigate .

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2022, 07:40:47 PM »
One thing I've noticed recently is that the number of likes and comments recorded against a particular photo is greater in the thumbnail version than in the enlarged version.  The latter is correct (at least for comments).   Also, I find it slightly irritating that after clicking on a particular photograph when scrolling through a list I'm taken back to the start of the listing.

Agree with this. You scroll 100 or so pix down, click on a photo, click back and you are back at the beginning of the list again

Offline lappino

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2022, 09:10:10 AM »
Do we get some statement to the effect that "new site design is up and running", or is it still a "work in progress"?

The "funny" numbers of comments (which equals the number of "likes") was already reported before, but I understand that the new design is still being ironed out...

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2022, 07:43:52 PM »
Sorry,very sorry indeed with the new site,I have noted that one can give likes to his own photo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk