Author Topic: Soon - New website design  (Read 33659 times)

Offline Hugo Vieira

• Administrator
  • Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Soon - New website design
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2022, 02:59:19 PM »
I tried to upload three photo's on the new website and I am not happy with the new upload screen.
It would be nice to make it more compact: now I have to scroll down to fill in the lower fields.
Resizing the screen itself is no solution: then the characters become to small and are difficult to read.

Pieter, thank you for bringing up your concern.
A redesign of this page has not been foresighted for the near future. However resulting from your feedback we've added to our roadmap the development of a new optional feature to present forms in compact view.
Now this doesn't mean the entire form will always fit your screen no matter it's size.
Depending on your screen size, device type, zoom-level and orientation some scrolling might still apply.
Hugo Vieira
Dev Team for http://Shipspotting.com

Offline Hugo Vieira

• Administrator
  • Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2022, 03:15:33 PM »
Dear members of ShipSpotting.com,

We wish to clarify that deploying the new website is not a final point in the development efforts of ShipSpoting.com.

Continuous integration of improvements and new features is the way forward in supporting the site.
All your feedback, suggestions, issues and concerns will be taken under advisement, reviewed by our team and added to the development roadmap when appropriate.

New developments will be deployed in periodic instances and made available to the public.

We would like to tank your for all your support, patience and understanding in this endeavor.
Hugo Vieira
Dev Team for http://Shipspotting.com

Offline SteKrueBe

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2022, 03:49:19 PM »
Hi there,
also from me first a big thank you for the work on the new website! The design looks really modern, but like some of the other contributors before, I would like to say that the functions have changed, but have not improved as a whole. I don't see a problem with most of the functions, because after some time you will surely get used to them.  The completely white background, however, I feel as a clear step backwards and why the opportunity to include IMO and ENI number in the search function was not used, is also not understandable to me.
I repeat explicitly, I have great respect for the work that went into the project, but the best time for constructive criticism is probably now, before everything goes online.
Greetings from the Ems,
Stefan

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2022, 05:45:00 PM »
After uploading a few more photo

Offline Oldkayaker

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Biking Benicia
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2022, 06:50:32 PM »
hi
How to get my location as the default when I log in?

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2022, 09:38:45 PM »
Will the old website version be accessible as legacy(dot)shipspotting(dot)com or something like that?
Angelgreat was here. :)

Offline Paul Finnigan

• Photo Administrator
  • Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2022, 10:20:39 PM »
I'm unable to log in on my PC but can log on my phone , anyone else got the same problem?

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
NOW - New website design
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2022, 12:35:02 AM »
There seems to be a problem with accessing the site properly - including logging-in, for at least some members using Firefox.
It defeated me all day, even when IT thought that there was no problem.  Then I found that access was possible using MS Edge (maybe Google Chrome is OK too - I refuse to have it)

There are many problems with the new design but, until it is clear that members can access it properly, I think that it is premature to focus on them.

Do note, that the long-overdue conversion to https has now been implemented, as promised by IT

I have noticed that, although some uploads were successful on 2 March, the images themselves are all currently missing from https://www.shipspotting.com/photos/3399780 onwards

Finally, I have asked IT to comment here on the accessibility question as soon as they able.

Offline andrecas

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2022, 02:49:28 AM »
Finally able to log on to site (Using Edge).... However.........
-  Unable to upload photos. After entering pertinent information and clicking on upload panel the ships wheel simply rocks back and forth.
-  The home page on my screen still displaying 2 identical photos of David Meare vessel "Santa suzanna" . (Most viewed, etc., etc.)
-  On home page,  In space for latest photo there is a blank.
-  In latest photos screen, the page is showing uploads for March 1 only
-  I noticed in some of my older uploads where I added a link in the description, you can no longer click on that link to access relevant web site.

Offline andrecas

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2022, 03:18:56 AM »
I meant to include in previous post, when using mobile device to log in to site,  the home page is missing user ID and password buttons. I noticed In the upper right side of screen a small outline of a face and shoulders in a circle and on opposite side of screen 3 bars. Nothing happens to screen when I touch either side...

Offline Nick Smith

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2022, 05:34:26 AM »
Yes Paul I have the same problem. I can't log in from the front page I have to go to the forum page them log in.

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2022, 06:46:37 AM »
Today early morning:
- impossible to upload, no reply, after waiting for several minutes for several pics I gave up.
- main screen search function: searching on IMO still not working
- inland vessels: ENI number have disappeared in the details
- list of forum items: to short
- list of last photo comments: to short and impossible to look back
- what is the use of "most viewed last week"  or "most viewed last 24 hours" without mentioning the number of views, I liked the three mentioned in 24 hours in the former website much more
- button Limit 12/page or limit 24/page etc not working: the results goes on and on, far more than 12 or 24 etc
- button View Thumbnail+text does not show the text, result is not different form View normal
- which ideas and requests have been included from the forum-item mentioned by the members in 2020 when the design of a new website was been announced?
- which ideas and requests have been included from the forum-item mentioned by the members last month when the beta-version was presented?

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2022, 07:01:27 AM »
Another subject: the screen My uploaded photos.
- after deleting a photo, I received the message : photo has been deleted", and I return to some kind of main screen, not to my list of uploaded photos. Software must always give back the screen were I came from: user-friendly as in the former website.
- after deleting a photo, I received the message : photo has been deleted", but the photo is still mentioned in my list of uploaded photos, even after several reloads of the page. Only after five minutes waiting the names are removed from the list. Problem with updating the index tables in real time?

Offline Henry Casciaro

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2022, 07:13:22 AM »
When I look at ship photos and press the

Offline Homer

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • Ships
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2022, 07:52:53 AM »
Hi,
just to confirm that on Firefox its not possible to log-in. No error message , nothing happened at all. For Safari on a mac : not possible as well. On IOS device it seems to work. Luckily at least on chrome I can log-in. Further testing necessary
To the new design : well , guess I have to get used to it  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk