Author Topic: Soon - New website design  (Read 35601 times)

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Soon - New website design
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2022, 03:48:27 PM »
Hi LPX on a photo you must go to "Photographers of this ship" and click in the photographer name, before was easier  an simple like the site itself
regrds

Agree with this. I preferred the "this ship by this photographer" etc . functions. Ships that don't have IMO also don't have the "photographers of this ship" function.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 04:04:41 PM by csaba »

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2022, 04:36:10 PM »
There are indeed several functions not currently working unless there is an IMO.  I expect that they will be restored in due course.
But just to add that "More of this ship" was not always very helpful, especially if it was a common ship name.  I think that you will currently get the same result for non-IMO ships by entering the name in the search box and select "exact name".

@Henry Casciaro: I am not understanding exactly about your problem and will send you a PM in a few minutes.  Please ensure that you are logged in, and you should see the PM icon lighted up next to your user name at the top of the page.

@Simon Harrack:  Thank you for highlighting a practical way to avoid duplicate uploads - that is very useful, especially at the moment.

Offline Tomasello Letterio

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2022, 08:42:11 PM »
Good evening.
Now the upload function seems to be restored with better speed, and no need to change tab to check upload, I suppose that IT team is making a hard hork to solve soonest all issues.
Great work. Thanks to all
Best regards
Letterio
Letterio

Offline Timsen

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2022, 09:01:07 AM »
Also if I post a comment, there is no sign it has been really fixed, only a turning wheel. Only by coming back to the photo I see it has been added.

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2022, 03:05:06 PM »
Can't seem to navigate or even log out from photo pages, I can from the home page.

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2022, 03:39:19 PM »
It seems every day different problems.

Today's issues:

1. Cannot select photo to upload

2. Location box does not populate as you type in the name

3. Cannot check terms and conditions box

As a result, still cannot upload photographs

Browser: Edge.

Using Chrome, cannot even log in.

I know a lot of work is being put in to resolving all the issues, but, at the moment, for me the site is unusable.

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2022, 03:52:40 PM »
I like that photos are automatically added as you scroll down but then the "limit" photos per page button is not needed.

Offline Tony Martin

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2022, 06:25:14 AM »
Whereas I fully appreciate the amount of work that has been put into the development of this site, and the intent to improve it, I must admit I am not enjoying it as much at the moment and am drifting away. Probably a personal issue with me, finding it hard to navigate.  Photos do not seem to get the same number of hits anymore, not that it is an issue more an indication.  Photos scramble when looking at the most popular mode. Shipspotting used to differentiate from similar sites, to me it is now somewhat the same. My personal view, I am sure many are happy with it and will take it forward. Not a criticism, just how I feel at the moment.

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2022, 11:04:01 AM »
As the teething troubles get ironed out and I get used to the navigation of the new site, I am coming to like it more than the old version.

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2022, 04:06:45 PM »
Whatever someone did overnight, all the problems I had yesterday have gone. So thanks to all involved. It's taken a while, but, as far as I'm concerned, the site is where it should be.

Just got to get used to the new format, that will come.....

Thanks again everyone

Offline Wolfgang Fricke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2022, 05:31:10 PM »
After some start problems the website works well and I like the design :). The only proposal I have is to show on the home page the mostly viewed photos during the past 24 hours, not those of the past seven days - like on the old webpage.
Best regards
Wolfgang

Offline rarcand

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2022, 06:14:14 PM »
Hi,

On the "Search results" for the casualties category, the "postcard" for the KRYMSKIY KOMSOMOLETS (https://www.shipspotting.com/photos/3401410) states that there are 6 comments. When I reach the page, I can see only two, the last one from me. I am using Chrome on Windows. I do not know if this problem is specific to this entry.

Also, will there be something done or possible for the links in the comments to url from the old site which give only error 404?

Otherwise, I am really happy with the new site et thanks everyone involved.

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2022, 03:10:30 AM »
Agree with the other members. The site seems to be working well and I like it.

However, in the "Location" category, if one enters port of Kotor or Bar, the country of Serbia and Montenegro appear. This country does not exist any longer and hasn't existed since 2006. These are two separate countries and the site should reflect that. We do have few members from Montenegro and they will find it upsetting that first their country is not included in the list and now in the "new and improved" version their country is listed with a wrong name. Please correct this..

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2022, 08:05:36 AM »
Mentioned in the inventory of wishes and ideas for a new website in 2020 and repeatedly mentioned again when testing the beta version at the beginning of 2022:

Vessels with an ENI-number must be equal treated as ships with an IMO-number.

Search function is now name or IMO, must also allow ENI.

In the detail box for inland vessels the ENI-field has even disappeared, that has to be corrected a.s.a.p.

Offline Malcolm Cranfield

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2022, 04:59:36 PM »
Dear Hugo, thanks for your helpful interaction with contributors to Shipspotting website

Having experienced difficulty with posting some photographs on Saturday 5th March, and subsequently "off line" until today, I am pleased to confirm that the posting just now of two photographs of MSC JOY proved to be trouble free except that it was necessary to re-insert all the ship and photograph details again for the second post.

I would ask if, when doing a Google search on a ship name/Shipspotting, if the search can (as before the change) go straight to the ship's photographs rather than being directed to the Shipspotting home page to again insert the ship's name or IMO number.

Best regards. Malcolm Cranfield

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk