Author Topic: Soon - New website design  (Read 33511 times)

Offline Bill

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
Opening Thumbnails to Full Screen
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2022, 11:53:09 PM »
Since the web site format change, I've been unable to open some of the new photos beyond the thumbnail.  It flips me back to the home screen.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: Soon - New website design
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2022, 07:19:21 AM »
since this morning I have the same experience as Bill ^, but I get Error 404.

Offline Hugo Vieira

• Administrator
  • Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2022, 04:56:48 PM »
Dear members,

Since the forum upgrade and the deployment of the new website, as I'm sure all of you have noticed, there have been multiple issues.

Regarding the upload of new photos, it was completely inoperable since March 1st trough March 4th. Unfortunately, almost all photos created during this period had to be removed as there was no way of recovering them. I ask you to re-upload them when you can, if you haven't yet done so.

We will continue to work out any outstanding issues, prioritizing erros, site access, performance and user experience.

We would like to tank you all for your feedback, support and understanding, in the sense that this is a phase of change for ShipSpotting.com and it will take some time until everything is stabilized.
Hugo Vieira
Dev Team for http://Shipspotting.com

Offline Henk Jungerius

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2022, 06:47:30 AM »
Hallo
I can upload pictures but the problem is that the little steering wheel keeps turning and when I look after let's say two minutes the picture has uploaded to the website  but I don't get the notice your picture has been uploaded.
Kind Regards

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2022, 05:32:20 AM »
Hallo
I can upload pictures but the problem is that the little steering wheel keeps turning and when I look after let's say two minutes the picture has uploaded to the website  but I don't get the notice your picture has been uploaded.
Kind Regards

Same with me. I guess it is a work in progress as its a major pain to upload this way.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 05:41:05 AM by csaba »

Offline b47b56

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2022, 08:36:12 AM »
Some of my uploads still ends with 404 error or after long time become available.
I don't have any mark when my uploads completed.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 08:40:33 AM by Evgeniy . »

Offline Marpacifico

• Just popping in
  • Marpacifico
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2022, 09:20:27 AM »
After all the mess I see here right now :( I would like to say Never touch a running system :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Pilot Frans

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Sanderse Shipphoto
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2022, 11:09:07 AM »
It seems the 404 error is solved the newest picture I'm able to load again.

In the section photos, by new ships: some doesn't show up.
Maybe  because the IMO was wrong and changed. In the older version you get a note : (something like) picture removed/replaced.
Now you just wait and nothing happened.

NB: I still waiting for uploading untill the problems with the time are solved.
       Rome is also not built in one day . 8)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 02:55:10 PM by Pilot Frans »

Offline Pilot Frans

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Sanderse Shipphoto
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2022, 11:17:42 AM »
I noticed that the comments by the picture are now completly at the bottom of that page.

In my opinion it's nicer to have them just after the technical data or before the general data.

regards
Frans

Offline Barry Graham

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2022, 11:54:23 AM »
Apologies if this type of problem has been raised before but the following has been my experience.  On 4 March I uploaded two photographs of the general cargo ship Vertom Meridiaan.   The first seemed to upload satisfactorily.  The second appears only as a thumbnail and any attempt to click on it to enlarge it results in an error 404 Page Not Found message.  One problem with this is that I am unable to access it to delete or edit it.  Having worked in IT myself I don't underestimate the efforts involved in an upgrade on this scale and I have no doubt that these initial problems will be ironed out.  Respect and thanks to all concerned.  Barry

Offline Simon Harrack

• Top Poster
  • Shipspotting is my life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2022, 04:01:07 AM »
Meanwhile, the upload sometimes works really fast, it takes less than 10 seconds. However, there are also uploads there it takes up to 5 minutes. However, I can give you a tip on how to recognize that the image has been uploaded. Just open a second tab and look at the new photos section. As soon as the photo appears here, you can close the upload tab. This is very helpful and makes uploading easier.

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2022, 05:15:58 AM »
Thank you Simon, good idea.
One more thing: I tried to delete some photos from my "favourites" (formerly known as "bookmarked"). A sign pops up saying "deleted" but the photos are still in the "favourites" list. You have to leave the page and then come back to it for the photos to be gone.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 05:17:33 AM by csaba »

Offline Henry Casciaro

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2022, 07:34:10 AM »
Since no one has commented or replied to my message of a week ago and although moderators have said they will eventually cover all points here are my problems again. Still cannot access full screen photos

Offline LPX

• Photo Corrections
  • Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2022, 10:56:57 AM »
A link "This ship by this Photographer" was handy for quick check to avoid duplicates etc.
Can't find this link anymore. Is it planned to retrieve it?

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2022, 12:31:31 PM »
Hi LPX on a photo you must go to "Photographers of this ship" and click in the photographer name, before was easier  and simple like the site itself
regrds
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 04:43:18 PM by victor radio74 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk