Author Topic: Humber Shipping Movements Query  (Read 1087 times)

Offline shedonesixnine

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Humber Shipping Movements Query
« on: December 06, 2021, 10:47:00 AM »
Hello all,

I am new to the hobby, and, being based in Rotherham, my nearest and most easily accessible location for spotting is of course the Humber. I often monitor the tracking sites (Vessel Finder, Marine Traffic etc) to get a better understanding of day to day operations, and I'm beginning to notice the more unusual vessels arriving between the mundane regulars. I also use the ABP documents on their website to keep an eye on interesting vessels heading to/from the Trent Ports, which are easier to go and view than going to the coast!

My question is - on the 'Planned Voyages Summary' document, where is the 'On Passage' date and time actually referring to? For a vessel coming from the North Sea into the Humber, the 'on passage' time may be 12:30 for example. Now, is that 12:30 passing Spurn, 12:30 coming under the jurisdiction of VTS Humber, or is it some other location? Likewise for a vessel heading west from Goole towards the coast, where will this time be for? The Humber Bridge approximately?

Many thanks!

Tom

Offline SIMON SMITH

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Humber Shipping Movements Query
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 03:28:54 PM »
Hello Tom,

From what I have observed on passage time for inward vessels would be upon entering the Humber VTS area. For outbound ships it will be the time leaving a river berth or if locking out from a dock the exit time from the lock

Cheers

Simon

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 03:46:45 PM »
On passage time is usually the pilot boarding time for inward vessels, outbound is planned off the berth time.

Offline shedonesixnine

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 11:41:42 PM »
That

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 09:38:43 AM »
The ABP sheets refresh just after the hour - reporting points are Trent Falls, Blacktoft, Brough, Humber bridge, Paull Sands, 9 Alpha buoy, Sunk Spit, and Clee Ness.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk