Author Topic: Russian FSO / Crude oil tanker to Hamburg  (Read 6240 times)

Offline echobow

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Russian FSO / Crude oil tanker to Hamburg
« on: December 01, 2015, 12:16:33 PM »
Russian FSO "Nataly" (8915794) is due to call at Hamburg port tomorrow morning as reported by Marinetraffic. See: http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:351090/mmsi:273535310/imo:8915794/vessel:NATALY

Her last port of call was Murmansk, where she apparently spent some time laid-up or as a FSO-unit respectively.

I wonder, if she is bound to undergo a complete overhaul at Blohm&Voss shipyard as it was the case with two other FPSO units in recent times. However, yet no sources to approve this.

Maybe someone is able to shed light on this event.

Thanks in advance & Kind regards,
David

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: Russian FSO / Crude oil tanker to Hamburg
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 04:36:46 PM »

Offline rd77

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 06:50:23 PM »
Charter rates for crude tankers are crazy at the moment. Wouldn't she be a perfect ship for an eager trader to store some crude until the price rises? Double hull, probably in decent condition and another 2-3 years to go until the next Special Survey... 

Brgds.
Ralph

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 07:13:05 PM »
Hi Ralph, valuable comment, I am not following freight rates these days, but when oil is cheap there is a tendecy to buy it for later use. So yes, may be she will pick up a cargo here (there are currently three VLCCs in the Caland Canal area loading for the FAR EAST) and take that cargo to the far east for semi permanent storage. From thereon it will only be a short trip to the breakers.

Offline echobow

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 09:54:36 AM »
After leaving the Maasvlakte today in the early morning, "Nataly" again displays Hamburg as her next destination. However, it seems that at the moment she's still at anchor off Rotterdam port, therefore I won't bet my money on it.

Thanks for your informative comments, Pieter & Ralph.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 04:41:24 PM »
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2372282
knowing that she already has left Rotterdam, makes this quite a rare shot...she might actually have gone out to the roads and wait until a loading berth becomes available.

Offline echobow

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 07:54:57 PM »
Great shots from the flying visit at Rotterdam Pieter. "Nataly" now re-appears at Marinetraffic map, having left Rotterdam area and now heading for Hamburg port where she is due to arrive tomorrow at 12pm.

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 10:00:15 PM »
12pm? Nice... I'm off to work at eleven >:(

I'm counting on you for photos, David:-)

Cheers,
Jens

Offline echobow

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 12:15:10 PM »
No chance today Jens. She is still floating somewhere off Helgoland on stormy North Sea, arrival delayed. But now on Hamburg port website listed with destination Blohm & Voss shipyard.
I hope to catch her in the course of the next week. Maybe you'll be faster then:-))

Cheers, David

Offline echobow

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 12:54:36 PM »
Here we are, eventually we've met face to face: http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2379066

According to Blohm & Voss's own website, "Nataly" is due to stay in the dry-dock until Saturday, 19 December. Maintenance works comprise: cleaning and concervation of the external hull, exchange of the shaft seals & overhaul of the valves.

Have a look here for verification:) http://www.blohmvoss.com/de/corporate/content/schiffe-kultur/ships-work

Best regards, David

Offline Max Buhl

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 01:28:28 PM »
Hello David,

thanks for the info. Do you or anybody else happens to know when she'll leave exactly? I'd like to try and be in Hamburg that saturday, so if the vessel stays in port after undocking or leaves late, I might catch her. Or will she leave this night already?
Regards, Max

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk