Author Topic: Big Vale bulker is coming to Rotterdam on 8 or 15 dec.  (Read 8883 times)

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Big Vale bulker is coming to Rotterdam on 8 or 15 dec.
« on: November 28, 2011, 09:53:14 PM »
The Dutch "Nieuwsblad Transport" reports that one of the new big Vale bulkers is coming to Rotterdam on Dec 8

http://www.nieuwsbladtransport.nl/Nieuws/Article/tabid/85/ArticleID/21462/ArticleName/ReuzenbulkschipValeop8decemberinRotterdam/Default.aspx

I am sorry, the article is in Dutch, cannot find an English version.
But the news for us that one of the new big ones is coming to Rotterdam :-)

Cheers Fred
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:14:49 PM by Fred Vloo »

Offline John Jones

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Big Vale bulker is coming to Rotterdam on Dec 8
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 10:09:51 PM »
I always told you to have faith regarding this Fred. What a nice pre-Christmas present :)
Best Regards
John J.
Any views expressed in the forum are my own personal opinions and are not to be taken as those of members of the admin team or of the site owners.

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:17:01 PM »

Fingers crossed. 1) Hope she's coming in with daylight, 2) can I get a day off? 3) if 1 and 2 are yes will the weather be good enough to make some video. questions, questions. The life of a shipspotter isn't easy ;-)

Offline John Jones

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
I doubt you'll get all 3. Its never that easy ;)
Any views expressed in the forum are my own personal opinions and are not to be taken as those of members of the admin team or of the site owners.

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 10:39:24 PM »

I know John, I know. I can only wait and be possitive ;-)

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 09:19:40 AM »
I look forward to the video Fred

In English

Bulk carrier giant Vale on December 8th in Rotterdam
November 24, 2011|Read 1597x
The port of Rotterdam on December 8 gets a giant of the new bulk carriers of Brazilian iron ore company Vale visit.

That says a spokesman for the Port Authority.

Vale this year some ships into service of between 388,000 and 400,000 dwt, which is now the largest bulk carriers in the world. The "Vale Brasil was the first in March that the water was left, now there are all the" Vale Rio de Janeiro ", the" Vale China, "Beijing Vale 'and' Italia Vale 'have been added. Vale has a series of ordered no less than 35 of these giant vessels (19 owned and 16 chartered). Before the "Vale Brasil in March in the canal came, was for years the" Berge Stahl "as the largest bulk carrier in the world. This "Berge Stahl" (364,000 dwt) sails for a quarter century back and forth between Brazil and the port of Rotterdam. At this moment the "Berge Stahl" But in a dock in Brazil for a facelift. "Then the" Berge Stahl "five more years," said a spokesman for the Port Authority. The rest of the "Berge Stahl" is the reason that Vale to replace now one of his new giant ships to the port of Rotterdam sent. The U.S. Bloomberg reported this week that the "Vale Brasil" in six months time is not an ounce of iron to China - the main market - has transported, and that the order of so many giant ships a huge mistake costing $ 2.3 billion has been. According to Bloomberg "to anyone in China that the fleet of Vale into China is: companies do not ship owners can not and steel producers." The Chinese maritime sector, the vast Vale fleet not in China to see for fear of a huge overcapacity. A report by PricewaterhouseCoopers recently stated that the overcapacity in the transport of iron ore is likely to be enormous. Steel producers are concerned that according to Bloomberg Vale also ships with a lot to get dominant position, allowing the company the price all by themselves could determine. A Chinese ship broker says the opposite Bloomberg incredible to think that Vale does not get assurances from Chinese customers is required before this such a huge investment in new ships decided. Orders ship would revoke the company's high fines may appear. And the use of vessels in other markets is difficult because other markets are not as large as the Brazil-China route, according to Bloomberg. The Port Authority spokesman says that the 'Vale Brasil "is indeed active in transport between Brazil and Sohar (in northern Oman), where a joint venture with Port Authority a major new iron ore terminal pounded the ground. The ships arrive from Brazil in Sohar iron ore supply, which it is processed into steel.

Isn't Windows 7 wonderful  :)

Regards

Bob
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 09:21:15 AM by Robert J Smith »

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 04:46:16 PM »

looks crappy to me;-) just like the other translation.

Btw, rumours are that the ship is now coming in on the 15th.
I'll keep you posted.

Cheers Fred

Offline Ship's Cat

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ship-Photo
Re: Big Vale bulker is coming to Rotterdam on 8 or 15 dec.
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 06:21:16 PM »
The Google translation is marginally better than the Babel Fish one.

I hope you get to see that ship, Fred! :)

Offline John Jones

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 10:27:19 PM »
Strangely, I found the original Dutch article almost as easy to understand. When written down it is a lot easier for an English speaker to translate than when spoken :)
Pleasant Weekends to all.
John J.

Offline maripaul

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 10:52:06 PM »
Fred,

Here is my vote for your being able to get the video.  If anyone can, it will be you, and the result will be very professional. You have a marvelous ability to acquire, edit, and post the very best maritime videos out there.

Thank you for all of the effort you put into the fine videos you publish.

Very best regards,

maripaul

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 05:35:26 AM »

Thank you Maripaul, we'll see.
I am looking on Marinetraffic every day, so far I haven't been able to find her.
Considering it is the Vale Italia that is coming this way.

Cheers Fred

Offline BULKERMAN

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 08:33:25 AM »
According to marinetraffic and calculate the days of voyage maybe it is VALE BEIJING.if it is programmed to arrive 15 of December...She is on the dock of Ponta da Madeira since yesterday! VALE ITALIA arrived today and she is in anchorage some miles out of the port of Ponta da Madeira.

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 12:35:01 PM »

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 12:40:32 PM »
Funny, was just reading about the same. A more detailed article: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-05/stx-vale-mega-vessel-takes-on-water-after-cracking-hull-o-globo-reports.html

Oh well we'll just wait a little longer. The Vale Italia is also on the angorage, maybe she can take over.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 12:47:00 PM by Fred Vloo »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk