Author Topic: Felixstowe + PS-Class  (Read 2808 times)

Offline David

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
Felixstowe + PS-Class
« on: April 23, 2011, 08:47:42 AM »
Hi everyone.

For some years now I have wanted to try Felixstowe for a holiday & obviously to include the port as a major part of this. I visited Harwich a few years ago & while this offers a very good view view of PFL I heard that viewing from the Suffolk side gives closer views.

I have just found the schedules by ship-name on the Maersk site & see NO PS-Class vessel visiting Felix on the week I'm there. One came on 16th April, one's due in today, & another 7th May. How ******* annoying.

Anyone got any views on this? Is it just luck of the draw due to having to book things in advance ahead of knowing what the sailing schedule will be?

Dave
Regards

Offline Ben Backstay

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: Felixstowe + PS-Class
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 08:57:50 AM »
The PS class will shortly be dropping Felixstowe, some of the class have already made their last calls. Not sure when the last call will be, but may be that 7th May will be the last one, so you better get down here quick!

Offline David

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 09:02:15 AM »
I leave on Fri 6th... & cnanot adjust trains...
Regards

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 04:39:19 PM »
Hi David,

Yes, the ships are a lot closer on the Felixstowe side (Landguard Point) but if you want photographs then the sun can be a problem when it comes round. From Harwich they are further away but very good photos can be taken with the sun on your side, just look at photos uploaded by Derek Sands.

Ship movement website for Felixstowe & Harwich can be found at http://www.portoffelixstowe.co.uk/

Enjoy your holiday and the ships

Regards

Bob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk