Author Topic: NFL Ferries needs Support  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Kyle Larabee

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bobtrucker123

Offline Jacques Maillet

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • bayferryman09's channel
Re: NFL Ferries needs Support
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 11:14:42 PM »
I guess Ottawa is offering $51 million for all three (NS-PEI, NS-NB, and PEI-Magdalen Islands) Ferry routes keeping them around until 2014!!  They also want to see long-term solutions like replacement vessels for the Holiday Island and Princess of Acadia as well  ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:29:42 PM by Jacques Maillet »

Offline Kyle Larabee

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 12:16:20 AM »
I guess Ottawa is offering $51 million for all three (NS-PEI, NS-NB, and PEI-Magdalen Islands) Ferry routes keeping them around until 2014!!  They also want to see long-term solutions like replacement vessels for the Holiday Island and Princess of Acadia as well  ;D
Well I think the Holiday Island and Princess of Acadia just need some TLC.

Kyle

Offline Gulfspan

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 12:28:22 AM »
The 51 Mil was supposed to cover Marine Atlantic's

Ship Refit and upgrade

a new dock has been built at the old Carter dock .(this was old money promised)

A new terminal is to go in.(new money)

enhanced security features,Or as it is now enhanced time loss and delay( RCMP have been controlling traffic back logs for the past couple years).(new money)

The Land where the Crappy Tire,,Ultramar,Home Hardware,Tim Hortons,Cogan's Convenience Store,and the Taxi Stand  are, is supposed to be bought to enlarge the site..Unknown if this also includes the road,and the garage at the bottom as well(new money)

Theres plans also to Streamline PaB..Minor tweaks to its parking and line up arrangment,terminal maintaince ,Tank Farm maintainence,Fueling(new money)
A new dock was built 2yrs ago.again ..the old Carter dock.

Sydney does need a Make over ..there no difference ,really ,since 1977,even earlier..

Offline Jarrod David

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 04:23:57 PM »
Ferries In Nova Scotia receiving funding.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1214773.html

Story courtesy of the Chronicle Herald in Halifax,Nova Scotia.

Ottawa ups ferry funding
Reported $51-million offer a good start, Dexter says
By PATRICIA BROOKS ARENBURG Staff Reporter and The Canadian Press
Wed, Dec 1 - 7:05 AM
It may not be the long-term ferry deal that Premier Darrell Dexter wants, but he says it
[color=0066FF]Jarrod David[/color][/b]

Offline Jacques Maillet

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 11:08:11 PM »
Well I think the Holiday Island and Princess of Acadia just need some TLC.

Kyle
It would be nice to have New engines on the Princess of Acadia as well as upgrading her, but, like the Holiday Island, they all have to pass inspections (hull,seaworthiness, etc..)  I don't know if they are even SOLAS 90 approved?? From what I read, all Canadian ferries are supposed to pass SOLAS 90 as of this year. When they eventually replace her, I'm thinking a larger ferry (hint: one of Marine Atlantic's colossal super ferries) would be nice to have ;D  They could pass SOLAS 90, I know they can!!!  If not, I'm sure a new build like a larger version of the Confederation (except one-ended and equipped with hoistable vehicle decks) between Saint-John and Digby  would suit the run just fine!! 8)  I'm just hoping Pictou Industries is still around!! (SOLAS means Safety Of Life At Sea)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 12:08:55 AM by Jacques Maillet »

Offline Jacques Maillet

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 11:50:26 PM »
Here's an article on the Digby Ferry (MV Princess of Acadia) aka the "Fundy Ferry"  

http://www.novanewsnow.com/News/2010-12-01/article-2008346/Another-three-years-for-Digby-Saint-John-ferry/1

I like the fact that the Princess of Acadia will be around for a bit longer   ;D  she's a pleasure to sail on for day trips every summer!! 8)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 11:54:09 PM by Jacques Maillet »

Offline Kyle Larabee

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 12:45:39 AM »
That's great news.

Kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk