Author Topic: 1 Million Photos  (Read 67411 times)

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Million Photos
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2010, 11:43:22 AM »
The 1 million mark was reached again, steadily decreasing, and I am proud to be part of the downward trend.

http://i56.tinypic.com/15x0phd.jpg
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:46:27 AM by miraflores »

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2010, 11:49:37 AM »
Yes, you are right, after all, the motto of this site is posting quality, not quantity !!!

As well I think:

Everlasting growth is never only good !!!

Not in economy, not in shipping, not in sites like this, and not in many other matters.

So, I think it is important now, to move forward, post quality, and not quantity and otherwise, enjoy and share photos with our fellow shipspotters !

Some members have been worrying, that this site does get too big and too unpersonal. So, this might perhaps be a new direction to move ? We will see, it will depend on, what everyone makes of this site  ;D

Offline owen connolly

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »
Being a quiet member here for sometime, and also an unregistered user for some time before that I just want to say what attracted me to the site so much. While Clipper Point was under construction in Spain images of the build where almost immediately avaliable on the site, if ever a an unrecognisable vessel appeared on port arrivals I could be guranteed that at least one image would appear on here. Whereas I do believe there have to be certain standards to images I also believe the quantity does help.

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2010, 02:45:30 PM »
When the admin team started to delete some of my awful fotos I decided to assist them.
This job was done now, all 8600 I once uploaded fotos from the Kiel Canal have been deleted.
I have all this fotos on my private homepage, where I am the admin and where I can decide whether a ship is obstructed by trees or not.

Regards
Juergen

BobS

« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2010, 02:47:57 PM »
The total of 1,000,000 photos on the site is (or, rather, was) quite a milestone.
However, the number of ships featured in these photographs is/was a tiny fraction of that million. The policy of allowing members to post up to six photos of the same ship at the same time (a policy which most of the so-called

Offline Frank Behrends

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2010, 03:59:49 PM »
Schade, J

Offline Arnes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2010, 07:53:01 PM »
Klaus,
you have a really strange way to express yourself, I guess I am not the only one in here who is getting tired of your confusing posts.
Your two last posts says two different things, first you say that self expressions is a freedom everyone should enjoy.
In your next post you say that if moderators not delete many posts from various people, they will have an evil enemy in you. So much for your words about freedom of selfexpression. You must remember that self-expressions are not only photos, it is also written words.
You want a more democratic Shipspotting-site, but if moderators start deleting posts you don't like, what is democratic about that.
All this is about deleting, things have been deleted before, and then there has been a lot of complaints, normally from the same people over and over again. I'm afraid there would be a lot of screaming in here if they started removing posts from the forums.
But you want to start deleting posts from the forum, because you don't like them. What happened to your "Freedom of self-expressions"??

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2010, 08:28:25 PM »
shut the account of Klaus Stilling Petersen.He is mad. Were are a shipspotting forum an not in a loony bin or a madhouse.
Xylad Peter
I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova. My favorite is the Suez Canal, Panama Canal and since 2006 also Chinese harbours.

Offline Stan Muller

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • My album
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2010, 08:52:05 PM »
What are you up to Klaus?

Ron

« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
His site sucks ;D

Exuse the language.

But still deleting my garbage.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:10:29 PM by Ron van de Velde »

Ron

« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2010, 09:15:14 PM »
I`m deleting my bad pictures (garbage) Derek. I have changed my mind.

Too much memories with my buddy.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:19:01 PM by Ron van de Velde »

BobS

« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2010, 09:18:55 PM »
You know, folks? For the first time in my life I find the prospect of Christmas without Santa Klaus most appealing!

Offline Cornelia Klier

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2010, 09:24:03 PM »
Do I hear here, the true spirit of shipspotting ? Simply get out, taking photos, choose a few good ones, and share them with fellow shipspotters on this site here ? Apart from all storms, this site here has seen, I think, that it's still a good one, with many nice people around, with whom I have got contact, not just by internet, but with some also in real life ! And never once an unpleasant experience :-)

Picture is of course nothing for shipspotting.com but I simply liked that atmosphere, after one hard day shipspotting on both Kiel-Canal, and as well Weser and Bremerhaven, the evening was coming and the camera-card almost full hehe  ;D

Offline E. Vroom

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Flickr.com
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2010, 06:39:33 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if this forum is most valued by psychologists for it's interactions .

Offline Fred Vloo

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2010, 09:03:43 AM »
@Ed, yeah, try and find the trolls.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk