Author Topic: MV Atlantic Vision  (Read 12841 times)

Offline Jacques Maillet

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • bayferryman09's channel
MV Atlantic Vision
« on: November 06, 2010, 11:16:37 PM »
I'm just wondering, I looked on the Marine Atlantic webite and it looks like the MV Atlantic Vision is still in Les Mechins under refit since I didn't see the ship's name on the arrivals or departures lists!!  I wonder if it is a major refit since the ship has been out of service since the end of September!!  Does anyone know when this magnificent vessel will come back to the gulf run??

Offline kasco

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
Re: MV Atlantic Vision
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 02:18:38 PM »
Atlantic Vision arrived back in North Sydney Nov. 06/10. She should be back in service the coming week.

Kasco

Offline Dean Porter

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »
She is going on the run Nov 8, 2010 for the night crossing out of North sydney. The Smallwood is coming out of service.

Offline Dean Porter

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 11:05:43 PM »
The Atlantic Vision entering service has been delayed, may enter service later this week

Offline Jacques Maillet

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 12:05:06 AM »
Thanks for all the info!!  It seemed like a long refit for what I consider the "best Marine Atlantic ferry of all time".  I maybe not from around the area where the ferry serves, but I still like that ferry alot!!  I'm glad she's back home in North Sydney!! 

Offline Jacques Maillet

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 12:25:37 AM »
I didn't know the J&C Smallwood was being taken out!!  Hopefully for maintenance, nothing major like the rudder problem it had last month. It was drydocked in Halifax last winter for a refit and the Caribou's last refit was almost over two years ago at the same drydock and only had regular maintenance done after that. 

Offline Dean Porter

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 04:06:22 AM »
The Smallwood is only coming out of service for maintenance

Offline Jacques Maillet

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 11:16:08 PM »
cool!!  I've been on her this year for the first time since 1998 when I traveled from Argentia to North Sydney coming back from visiting family near St. John's (except this year, I took it to go to PAB and back to North Sydney on a day trip). I've always had good times on this vessel and I will truely miss the Smallwood and her sister ship Caribou. I've always loved theese ships since they're proudly built in Canada and I always will wherever they end up.

Offline Jacques Maillet

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 08:35:46 PM »
I seen that the Vision will start this weekend :)

Offline Kyle Larabee

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bobtrucker123
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 08:39:56 PM »
That's good. :)

Offline Trucker001

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 02:03:06 AM »
The Atlantic Nightmare aka atlantic vision is not really the right ship for the NS / NFld run as she cant dock in winds over 30-35 knots unlike caribou or jC smallwood.. it has a buffet not a real cafeteria and is expensive to eat on it if you arent a big eater..you cant get a order toast n coffee/tea unless you buy the buffet.. it has had the front ramp torn off on its crossing the atlantic to come to the island so it had to be fixed before entering service.. then it had a fire in the heatexchanger room 2 times (classed as small firesd ) but hell one the fires was while at sea.. it has broke its moorings 2 times ad hit the warf 2 times at least .... this is why i will NOT sail on it anymore!!!
:lol:  :-D  :-D

Offline mudddawg

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 03:06:18 AM »
It upsets me to hear someone dis the Atlantic Vision.  I have been on that ship and it is the best ship I have been on to cross the gulf.  I was stuck on it for 3 days last christmas and enjoyed every minute of it.  For the small eaters it has a snack bar which sells hot soup, subs, fruit, tea, coffee, yogurt and a variety of cold drinks and snacks.  So this "you have to eat at the buffet" is bull.  I ate on the Smallwood on my last crossing for breakfast and it cost more then when I had the buffet on the Vision.  I am crossing again on the 17th of Dec and I would prefer the Vision but I will be on the Smallwood but as long as I don't have to cross on the Leif I am ok.  Love the Vision and can't wait to sail on the Blue Puttees and the Highlander.

Mudddawg

Offline snocky

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 12:48:43 PM »
Don,t want to get into a dispute or arguement but have to agree with "TRUCKER" on this one. ATLANTIC VISION is not suitable for pab to north sydney. I always have full breakfast on caribou & smallwood for around $8. Don,t know where anyone crossing on vision can get full brkfst. for that price. Vision has sandwiches that are made in corner brook & last time i was aboaed they were horrible with all bread & very little in between. Snack bar on vision is way overpriced & food is horrible.Might be okay for you tourists, but not suitable for regular crossers. Caffeteria is to expensive for average nflder coming & going. Maybe you canadians & americans have lots of dough but us average nflders. find it out to lunch.

Offline Jacques Maillet

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 12:56:40 PM »
It upsets me to hear someone dis the Atlantic Vision.  I have been on that ship and it is the best ship I have been on to cross the gulf.  I was stuck on it for 3 days last christmas and enjoyed every minute of it.  For the small eaters it has a snack bar which sells hot soup, subs, fruit, tea, coffee, yogurt and a variety of cold drinks and snacks.  So this "you have to eat at the buffet" is bull.  I ate on the Smallwood on my last crossing for breakfast and it cost more then when I had the buffet on the Vision.  I am crossing again on the 17th of Dec and I would prefer the Vision but I will be on the Smallwood but as long as I don't have to cross on the Leif I am ok.  Love the Vision and can't wait to sail on the Blue Puttees and the Highlander.

Mudddawg
It upsets me too that there are some who dislike this ship  :(  She is the quietest ship in the fleet, the food is excellent, and the colors are inviting!!!  What's not to like about the Atlantic Vision????

Offline Jacques Maillet

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 01:08:43 PM »

Mudddawg
It upsets me too that there are some who dislike this ship  :(  She is the quietest ship in the fleet, the food is excellent, and the colors are inviting!!!  What's not to like about the Atlantic Vision????
I only had one complaint though, not enough washrooms for everyone!!  Hopefully that can be fixed in the near future :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk