Author Topic: Any photo locations on the south side of the River Humber?  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Any photo locations on the south side of the River Humber?
« on: September 18, 2010, 04:02:09 PM »
Hi

Are there any good photo locations on the south side of the River Humber?

Regards

Bob

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Any photo locations on the south side of the River Humber?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »
Well, I can now answer my own question.. NO there isn't  :-(
I managed a couple of glimpses into Grimsby Docks and that was about it, everywhere else is "off limits". Cleethorps is the only place to view any movements but the shipping is too far away for photography.
The north side is just the same although I didn't venture past Hull, there are vantage points further on at Paull & Spurn Point. I did read somewhere that there was public access to the locks in Hull but I couldn't see a way in, can anyone verify this and perhaps name the road for future reference.

Regards

Bob

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 12:12:42 PM »
Hi Bob,

As you now know, southbank locations are very rare - there is a public footpath along the river between Immingham and Grimsby but the ships are quite a way off. For access to the locks at Hull follow signs to the Rotterdam ferry - as you approach the river front there is a public car park on the right (just before the security gate). You can then walk east to the locks at King George or west to the Alexandra dock locks. In the city centre you can get some ships off the pier if they are using the Hull channel - at present most upriver traffic is using the Skitter channel which is the south side of the river.

Rgds

Patrick

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 04:05:21 PM »
Thanks for the info Patrick and also Ramizjk for similar info via pm.

Stored for my next visit  :-)

Cheers

Bob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk