Author Topic: Tuxedo Princess leaves the Tyne at last!  (Read 29679 times)

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Tuxedo Princess leaves the Tyne at last!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 04:07:08 PM »
As long as she does not sink opposite the marina or Tyne entrance Im Happy!
 :-)
Mike

Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

Offline Brian Cawkwell

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shipais.com/currentmap.php?map=SeahamDocks
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 10:54:12 PM »
They are  going on about her leaving Gateshead quayside tonight on the late local news

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 06:32:21 PM »
Hi Brian
She is still down for 08.00 Sunday on Port of Tyne schedule for movement tonight at 19.30
Mike :-)
Mike

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 08:02:12 PM »

Tynesider wrote:
Hi Brian
She is still down for 08.00 Sunday on Port of Tyne schedule for movement tonight at 19.30
Mike

Hi Mike

More importantly its moved from an EST to a FIRM  :lol:

Regards

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 06:03:24 AM »
Hi All

Just in case anyone is interested in watching the 'tow out' of the Tuxedo Princess this morning (Sunday - 08.00) you will be able to catch some of the proceedings on two web camera's that are positioned on the two towers of the Tyne Bridge.

Check out - http://www.tynebridgewebcam.com/

Regards

Offline Brian Cawkwell

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 11:37:09 AM »
Hi ,
I had a chuckle to myself when the Tuxedo Princess was just passing the Baltic Flour Mill the Skipper on the Yarm Cross said to the Pilot" thats the easy bit done, are you dancing with the barmaids up there" :lol:

Offline Robbie

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 11:50:49 AM »
Good to see someone finaly uploaded pictures of her departing. Thank you Ken Lubi for your pictures!!   :-D

Offline Brian Cawkwell

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 01:19:49 PM »
Now a firm order, the Tuxedo Princess is leaving the Tyne tonight at 19.00:-

TUXEDO PRINCESS 27 Jul 2008 19:00 Sailing NORTHUMBRIAN QUAY PIRAEUS United Kingdom CORY BROTHERS SHIPPING GHQF FIRM T000094

PANTODYNAMOS 27 Jul 2008 19:00 Sailing NORTHUMBRIAN QUAY PIRAEUS Panama CORY BROTHERS SHIPPING HO4409 FIRM 7038642

taken from the port of Tyne website

Offline Brian Cawkwell

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2008, 07:25:31 PM »
To much pea soup (fog) tonught ,called off till 0500 tommorrow

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 07:43:31 PM »
Pantodynamos
Spoke to her skipper this afternoon, they needed to load generators and some parts and emergency spares onto Tuxedo Princess anyhow which they did not want to load at Newcastle quay as Tuxedo Princess has now no power onboard.
When Tuxedo Princess came alongside Northumbrian Quay she was then handed over and under the command of Pantodynamos.
They had always planned for an eary start Monday Morning, but our boats that did go out reported fog up to 30 miles offshore.
I also spoke one of the guards on HMS Southampton who said the decision would be made at 13.00 to go to Sunderland or not, this was cancelled as the Captain said if they did go 'nobody would know anyhow' !
Do not know if any of you saw the panic at Northumberland Quay when Pantodynamos came back alongside to moor between Tuxedo Junction and Southampton, the crew on deck of Southampton paniced as they thought she was going to scratch her bow and paintwork.
Pantodynamos moored right under Southamptons bow and in true tugmanship did not touch a mouse!
Mike :-)
Mike

Offline Brian Cawkwell

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
hi Mike,
The maltby and the rowangarth were moored up alongside the greek tug when I turned up at the Mill Damm, I had just been down the A1, what I heard on the VHF was that the tug skippers and the skipper off thePantodynamos decided that it was a no go, the 2 river tugs then went up to Riverside Quay to wait for The City Of Lutece, the pilot managed to get aboard and then decided to send the ship to anchor and also went on the phone to VTS , for some reason!!!!!!?????? he then took about hour before he reboarded the pilot boat!!!

It seams to me that there is something wrong with the ship(City of Lutece) to me. What do you  think?

Offline Mike

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2008, 08:28:06 PM »
Hi Brian
City of Lutece may also have delayed sailing due to fog, Lyme Bay was due to dock but also abandened it also there not that a lot of space was available at Northumberland Quay.
Our boats reported fog right up and down the coast and up to 30 mile offshore.
I was up at Newcastle quay this morning and when Tuxedo Junction was passing under the Mellenium bridge when a little girl next to me asked her father 'daddy,' why is the ship going the wrong way!
Daddy relies, cause it won't go through the gap side ways!

cawky wrote:
hi Mike,
The maltby and the rowangarth were moored up alongside the greek tug when I turned up at the Mill Damm, I had just been down the A1, what I heard on the VHF was that the tug skippers and the skipper off thePantodynamos decided that it was a no go, the 2 river tugs then went up to Riverside Quay to wait for The City Of Lutece, the pilot managed to get aboard and then decided to send the ship to anchor and also went on the phone to VTS , for some reason!!!!!!?????? he then took about hour before he reboarded the pilot boat!!!

It seams to me that there is something wrong with the ship(City of Lutece) to me. What do you  think?[/quote] :-)  :-)
Mike

Offline Brian Cawkwell

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 05:53:20 PM »
Hi just checked the AIS , and the last ping off the tug and tow they were off Scarborough ,doing 8 knots, that was at 04.00 this morning ,they look like they are heading for Rotterdam maybe for bunkers:-

http://www.aisliverpool.org.uk/shiptrail.php?mmsi=353079000&map=-1&date=20080729

Offline henrycourt

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 04:23:07 PM »
For all those that might be interested PANTODYNAMOS with her tow passed Dover Patrol Memorial, Dover at 1545 BST today 30.07.08 en route Piraeus.  Those Greeks know a bargain !!!!!!! Rgds jw.

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »
Hi Mike

Don't mention that 'swear word' - FOG - I've been trying to escape from it on the Eastern Coast of Scotland since last Sunday! - the fog was so bad last night that the Port of Aberdeen was closed until the wee hours.

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk