Author Topic: Your favorite type of ship  (Read 3905 times)

Offline Robert Tremblay

• Top Poster
  • Robert
    • View Profile
Your favorite type of ship
« on: May 08, 2008, 12:47:41 AM »
Hi Shipspotting fan.
I would like to know what kind of ship do you like most : tug, bulker, ferry etc....
Explain your preference.
After looking to a lot of picture i tink i am going to prefer tugs of all sizes to every other ship because for me tugs looks like a symbol of strenght and dedication!
What about you?
Robert08 :-o
Bon vent!!!

Offline robert etchell

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite type of ship
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 02:32:34 AM »
my favorite ships are container ships and ferries. i got interested in ferries thought my dad wich we ride them alot since i was very young and now since there are new ferries here in bc and make time to take trip on them and see what there like and get photos of them. the reason behind container ships is they are neet looking ships with the containers onboard it just looks neet to see them like that and thats why i find those ships intersting and neet to get photos of too.

robert
vancouver bc

Offline Randy Martens

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 11:10:23 AM »
I live in Hamilton Ontario Canada, where the old Stelco and Dofasco are located... so I have to go with a freshly painted Canada Steamship lines Self-unloader.  That's all I ever see really unless I go to Welland (I've never seen a boat more than 78' wide/740' long in person before).

Offline Gerolf Drebes

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 07:08:28 PM »
I am still conservative in my favourite ships. I prefer the old cargo vessels of the 30 ies, 40 ies and 50 ies, mostly British ones like Blue Star, Brooklebank....
Unfortunately they do not trad any more.
Nowadays my favourites are bulkers with masts like Cleanthes types. But as well thes ships are rare nowadays.
Gerolf from Bavaria

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk