Author Topic: Fred Olsen Balmoral  (Read 6165 times)

Fred Olsen Balmoral
« on: November 20, 2007, 09:43:59 AM »
Fred Olsen Balmoral (ex Norwegian Crown) is supposed to be in Hamburg being lengthened.  Has anyone seen it yet please?

David

Offline Holger Jaschob

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Fred Olsen Balmoral
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 09:59:42 AM »
Hello David,

in this German forum you can find some informations and photos. But only in German!

http://forumschiff.fo.ohost.de/viewtopic.php?t=1508

Regards,
Holger

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 09:07:31 AM »
Thanks very much.  I can understand enough of the German to figure out what they are saying. Maybe if I keep watching that forum I will see other photos. I am just fascinated about the idea of cutting a ship in half. Especially as I shall be sailing on it soon.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 10:53:40 AM »
There have been may very good photos of the Balmoral in dock at Blohm and Voss, but none recently.  Has anyone any new photos of her please?

MK

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 01:26:21 PM »
See it, here in our site has lot of ones. http://www.shipspotting.com/search.php?query=balmoral&mid=7&action=showall&andor=AND&start=40

you see the hard work beeing done in her at Blohm+Voss Dock 17. Good Luck in your trip. It is really amazing the ship industry.  :lol:

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 05:27:37 PM »
yes, but those were taken in Novedmber.  I was hoping for something later!!!

:-)

MK

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 06:20:39 PM »
As she will again enter in service for Fred Olsen only in Jan.2008, she is still in dry dock receiving the last furniture inside and last paintings. I do not know if weather in Hamburg is good for recent photos, probably not, and the spotters over there are waiting for her coming out dock, believe me, then you will have it here.

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 08:29:19 PM »
Hello David,

I don't know when this photo from Jan was taken (look here), but he uploaded it on December, 22.
I have a photo taken on December, 18, (which I didn't upload here) where she looks pretty much the same.
I've been to the harbour yesterday and the most obvious change at the moment is that her funnel already is painted in Fred. Olsen colours and bears his logo.

Regards,
Jens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk