Author Topic: Pictures getting updated by someone else  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Dean Porter

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Pictures getting updated by someone else
« on: August 19, 2006, 12:01:20 AM »
I posted three pictures this eveing of the cable layer Discovery and already they have been updated by someone else, some else who has no right is doing anything like it to someone else's photo's. If a name is wrong, why don't a comment be made and the person who owns the photo, who took the photo make the change. This is happening way too much and I'm am really getting upset about it, to the point where I am considering not posting anymore photo's and that is too bad, because this site is the best.

Can something be done to prevent this?

Thanks
Dean

Offline Aleksi Lindström

• Vice Webmaster
  • Top Poster
  • Never give up!
    • View Profile
    • My photos on Shipspotting.com
Re: Pictures getting updated by someone else
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 05:55:42 PM »
Hello Dean,

There's a team of photo admins who update the photos if that is needed, for example if they are in wrong category or lack information. They will also delete unwanted material, for example images in breach of copyright & low quality photos.

Brgds,
Aleksi

Offline Pedro Baptista

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • http://www.transportes-xxi.net/tmaritimo
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 08:19:07 PM »
Hi,

I agree with this "selecction", but I believe that team should, at least, notify the user the correction they made. Don't know if this is happening, [perhaps not, otherwise Dean wouldn't be complaining] but I think this is the right thing to do.

Pedro

Offline Dean Porter

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 11:02:35 PM »
Thanks guys, if that is the case, I'm okay with that, but I do agree with you Pedro, if that is happening the person who posted the photos should be notified.

Thanks again
Dean

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk