Author Topic: Edit your own photographs  (Read 615 times)

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Edit your own photographs
« on: December 04, 2022, 10:24:58 AM »
Recently introduced is a new feature where it is possible to edit your own photographs. When you click the EDIT INFO button you will find next to the thumbnail a button "re-upload" . When you click that you can simply download your photo and replace it with an improved version. All comments and the description will stay in place. The newly uploaded photo will be immediately visible.  With improved scanning and editing techniques, there are quite a few shots on the site that have been replaced in the past with a new shot, but then with the loss of all additional remarks. This has now become more easy.

The function is purely available to the photographer of the shot, only photo admins have also permission to edit the photo concerned. This is for practical reasons, for instance in case a horizon has to be leveled to avoid deletion, this can be done by an admin, but ONLY after having discussed this with the photographer, so there will be no random editing by Admins, but you can always call on them in case you need assistance in with editing.

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Edit your own photographs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 04:19:06 PM »
Hi Pieter, thanks for the information,a very useful improvement,I just have leveled the horizon in the second photo that I uploded to this site some 12 years ago with 824 views.... and a climbing horizon and no complaints
Best regards and thank you very much for your efforts in making pleasant this new version
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 04:29:14 PM by victor radio74 »

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 06:07:40 PM »
Thank you Victor, and I have realised that for myself there is also some work to do.

Offline Tony Martin

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 05:25:29 AM »
Pieter, many thanks for pointing out this feature - to me most valuable. I had a few photos scanned from negatives with spider web marks. I am now able to treat the negs and remove the marks. Re posting one by one. Cheers

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 07:42:16 AM »
Hi Tony,

Thank you.

The philosophy behind all this to get better quality pictures on the site.

Offline Tony Martin

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 08:20:28 PM »
Also the expanded sort menu I find very useful - ongoing improvements.

Offline henry james

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022, 08:24:14 AM »
Pieter, many thanks for pointing out this feature - to me most valuable. I had a few photos scanned from negatives with spider web marks. I am now able to treat the negs and remove the marks. Re posting one by one. Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk