Author Topic: New features on site 👍  (Read 401 times)

Offline Tony_Birdman

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
New features on site 👍
« on: October 23, 2022, 10:40:45 PM »
hello all,

Just doing a google on a vessel called Skandi Botafoga and saw a link to this site so having a look and scrolled down the bottom to see who bulit it as the regulars i.e. David etc, will comment on who built it and i see in the info section a builder listed and i was very shocked as its been maybe 9 or 10 years ago when Grosstonnage.com used to host the info on the vessels.

Used to love coming here to search on the vessels that were built by particular yards, it was a shame that grosstonnage.com couldn't have been revived but fast forward to now and i see they have info about builder etc again and am i so grateful to see that again as i used to mainly use this all the time when i was online and when the info went it sort of made me move away and look elsewhere id still come on here and post etc but not as often.

is there a new company that supplies the info now ( ship xplorer?? )

so excited to see builders info is now back.

keep up all the great Work Guys.

Tony.

Online pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: New features on site 👍
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 11:03:11 AM »
Hi Tony

Welcome back, and thanks for your comments. Yes there are still gaps in the builder info, but the site owner, through his ship xplorer software is now able to add new data. In the mean time efforts are ongoing to make the Gross Tonnage database accessible and reintroduce data manually. As this is a delicate process, it will take some time before that will be fully operational.
In the there was also the issue that for ships that were built in say the fifties by a certain yard, the current name of that yard, if still existing, was given, which caused some confusion. There it was decided to drop the yard data altogether to avoid a continuous flow of comments, about something that we could not change.
Hopefully times will change soon, but the beginning as you rightfully now enjoy, is there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk