Author Topic: What happened to Shipspotting.com ?  (Read 1555 times)

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Shipspotting.com ?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2022, 01:26:01 PM »
With regard to quality of photographs, this has been debated before, and it's difficult because members have different views on this.

Some are quite happy to see yet another perfect picture of, say, Emma Maersk, while others would rather see a slightly imperfect picture of a much less photographed, or unusual, vessel.

I'm in the latter camp, yes, photographs with obvious issues, such as horizon not level should be excluded. But there should be a degree of tolerance. Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to take the perfect shot, in perfect conditions every time, but those photographs can be just as interesting as the perfect shot.

However, I do agree some photographs of things like table and chairs are probably not appropriate.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: What happened to Shipspotting.com ?
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2022, 04:36:21 PM »

However, I do agree some photographs of things like table and chairs are probably not appropriate.

Why? Are photos of the interiors of ferries or cruise ships not interesting? What about the places were seafarers eat? No chairs, no tables? As long as there is a category of ships interiors these shot will come and will not be deleted.

In short, what you don't want to see can easily be skipped in the scrolling process. I have some categories I systematically ignore, and I assume the same goes for many more members.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk