Author Topic: Miramar Subscriptions  (Read 8085 times)

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: Miramar Subscrptions
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2023, 06:48:59 PM »
The minimum I want ist to answer the eMails, if they will not or cannot handle the site they have to switch ist off.

Perhaps you are not the only one sending emails.... the message has been clear, the site will stay open until all subscriptions have ended. Then it will be shut off for ever. As the owner passed away sometime during August (I believe) there is a long time for the heirs to sort things out, (together with other things that can be associated with the passing of an individual) so patience is the word. I am sure that will also be the reply you will get from the Wellington police.

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2023, 07:28:51 PM »
I have paid $ 75 US for 3 accounts about 1 month ago. 2 Accounts got a warning that accounts will expire on 26. January, but there is a payment.
So if 2 Accounts expire and the payment will not been paid back they have a problem.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2023, 07:48:41 PM »
From the Miramar Website:

The

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2023, 09:57:45 AM »
@Pieter Melissen

I have very well read and understood what is written under Miramar-News, there is no need for you to try to explain it to me again.
But it seems that you have not understood what is the problem

ON-BEHALF OF PAYMENTS

If you wish to pay a subscription on someone else's behalf, contact MSI by email first

Because I wanted to make 2 payments for 2 friends I tried to contact Miramar several times, without success, and then I made the  mistake to make 3 payments for me and my friends with credit card.
My account is valid until January 2026, but the other 2 will expire in the next days, why?
Because Miramar does not read eMails and does not check their bank account for incomin money transfer.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2023, 05:54:37 PM »
Miraflores 

So several months after the passing of Miramar's owner and sole operator you tried to contact him with something that needed careful attention. The family was in disarray when you tried to contact them and repeated your messages several times. Reading your messages here and now also directly to me I can imagine that they may not have liked your tone and put you at the end of the queue to deal with. But it will surely make you feel more comfortable that I am no longer feeling inclined to help you in any way.

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2023, 06:16:47 AM »
@Pieter Melissen

I have never asked you for help and I would never need it, I am old enough to help myself.
And I have a solution what I can and will do.

But one question: Do you have a Miramar-Account? If yes please let us know how you made the the payment, how you got in contact with the Haworth family, if you have no account you should be very quiet.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2023, 07:44:37 AM »
Miraflores

I have been subscribing to Miramar the for the past eight years or so, I had some pay-pal problems five years ago, but these were solved in direct contact with Rodger. I never had any problems contacting him and my current annual subscription will expire in April. By that time I will have bought a disc.

I have also helped Rodger in the past with ships that he had missed in his database, although he never asked for it and was old enough to help himself. He did, however, appreciate my assistance.

If your solution will solve the problems, are you willing to share it with us?

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2023, 08:02:35 AM »
are you willing to share it with us?

Never

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2023, 02:06:44 PM »
My account expired today and I am now denied access. Meanwhile I am still waiting for the CD I ordered and paid for in November.

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2023, 08:43:58 PM »
Seems to me some on here have no respect for the fact that this situation came about because someone died.

Perhaps Roger's family have many other things to sort out, Miramar just being one of many.

If they read some of the comments on here, they could be forgiven for just closing the site down, and walking away.

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Miramar Subscriptions
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2023, 03:09:58 PM »
@simonwp: presumably you haven't paid Miramar any money recently.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2023, 03:44:39 PM »
@simonwp: presumably you haven't paid Miramar any money recently.

is that sufficient reason to throw all decency out of the window?

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2023, 04:29:03 PM »
No, but some decency does tend to go out of the window when people are paying money for things that don't materialise. Miramar was in fact a business.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2023, 05:03:09 PM »
No, but some decency does tend to go out of the window when people are paying money for things that don't materialise. Miramar was in fact a business.

and yet it will not stop me ordering a disc when my time comes...

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2023, 08:01:59 PM »

and yet it will not stop me ordering a disc when my time comes...

I've paid my subscription, when it runs out, that will be it. Rodger's family are trying to do the right thing, it would have been very easy to have just shut it down.

Personally, I would have just shrugged my shoulders and taken it as the luck of the draw.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk