Author Topic: Soon - New website design  (Read 33010 times)

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
Re: Soon - New website design
« Reply #300 on: July 12, 2022, 02:05:11 PM »
Pieter,

Can you confirm you are trying with either your own photos or other members photos as there does appear to be a difference.

Also, please try when not logged in - you may see the effect that has been reported (I've just tried in Edge and cannot save any photos, other members or my own uploads)

Best regards

Patrick

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #301 on: July 12, 2022, 02:12:54 PM »
Patrick, I used other people's shots, such as the color shot of the Raeburn posted by Malcolm Cranfield some days ago, which is larger than the original site limitations. I could download it directly after clicking on the thumbnail and also after opening the full screen option, both options resulted in a similar sized shot (4904x3102)

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 12, 2022, 02:34:34 PM »
thanks for the confirmation Pieter - I'm not bothered about the size but the actual saving doesn't work in the first instance. If I right click on either thumbnail or the full size image I only get the option to "save as" which only allows saving the page - however, if I do the same with any of my own uploaded photos I have the option to "Save image as" which allows .jpg etc (This is in Chrome and Edge)

Hope this helps toward solving this issue for the other members.

Patrick

Offline Manfred

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 12, 2022, 03:11:19 PM »
@pieter melissen
I just tried it:
when not logged in: right click, download and save only with thumbnails, own or other photos, full screen and additional photo boost not possible
when logged in: right click, download and save only with own photos but from all sizes possible as usual, additional photo boost works.  :o
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 03:16:32 PM by Manfred »
'Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then'

Offline lappino

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 12, 2022, 03:11:49 PM »
Doesn't work for me either; I only get "Save page as" on other members' photos.

Cheers

Vlad

Offline Hugo Vieira

• Administrator
  • Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2022, 03:33:55 PM »
Hello Everyone,

As some of you reported, there was in fact a bug on the Photo page that prevented users from downloading photos other than their own.
It has now been fixed.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Hugo Vieira
Dev Team for http://Shipspotting.com

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 12, 2022, 06:05:18 PM »
Thank you Hugo.

Offline Steve Tompkins

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 12, 2022, 06:45:24 PM »
saving an image appears to magically be working again. Someone must have changed something!

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #308 on: July 12, 2022, 07:31:27 PM »
saving an image appears to magically be working again. Someone must have changed something!

It was not magic. it was a little glitch that was rectified. However, I have been told that that specific glitch did not affect admins, hence I had not experienced any problems. Apparently there are several other things in the site software that have a slightly different functionality with regards to admins.  So I apologize for being a bit rough in my approach regarding this problem (non-existent for me), and in case another problem arises I'll ask Hugo straight away. 

Offline Anthony Legg

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 13, 2022, 01:00:27 AM »
Thank you for sorting this problem out. It is good to know that some members have different access to the majority which gives them a "superior" attitude to confronting problems that cause so much consternation, but thank you for the correction and rectification.

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2022, 04:39:14 AM »
I like those forward and back arrows at the "latest added photos". But I think it would be better if each click moves photos in a group of 4 rather then one by one. Any thoughts?

Offline Dеnis

• Photo Administrator
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 16, 2022, 05:09:04 PM »
Hi Denis,  yes it is one click more, but it is not that bad. I first could not find EDIT INFO, but now that I know were it is, I have no problems with its location.
As far as favorites is concerned, I checked mine and found two shots that had ended up there long time and I have no idea how they came there. My "favorites" directory sits on my harddisk, if I see a shot that I like for whatever reason, I download it. (so in case I get banned I still have access to the shot).

Pieter, I WAS donwloading every liking photo a decade ago before my HD crashed & I lost everything. Soon I thought I'll just bookmark liked photos here & download eventually. Now the problem is that there are like 2000+ liked photos in my bookmarks & there's no way to quickly download them except for manually going through each which isn't worth the effort.
Regards,
Denis

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #312 on: July 17, 2022, 05:14:27 PM »
Hi Denis,  yes it is one click more, but it is not that bad. I first could not find EDIT INFO, but now that I know were it is, I have no problems with its location.
As far as favorites is concerned, I checked mine and found two shots that had ended up there long time and I have no idea how they came there. My "favorites" directory sits on my harddisk, if I see a shot that I like for whatever reason, I download it. (so in case I get banned I still have access to the shot).

Pieter, I WAS donwloading every liking photo a decade ago before my HD crashed & I lost everything. Soon I thought I'll just bookmark liked photos here & download eventually. Now the problem is that there are like 2000+ liked photos in my bookmarks & there's no way to quickly download them except for manually going through each which isn't worth the effort.

I know this will sound like me being an ass, but really if you save things on an HD, make sure you have a backup made on a regular basis. This of course is also valid for your own photographs.

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 27, 2022, 01:51:42 PM »
Hi I have made a comment about  the Paz Segundo fhishing boat sinking and although the comment was attached to the photo page it doesn
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 06:31:30 PM by victor radio74 »

Offline Manfred

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 27, 2022, 02:54:43 PM »
Adding the photo title to the 'Latest Photo Comments' list is very convenient, thank you!   ;D
Brgds, Manfred
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 02:56:31 PM by Manfred »
'Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk