Author Topic: Soon - New website design  (Read 33001 times)

Offline CedricH

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Soon - New website design
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2022, 11:05:11 AM »
Another issue for me today is sending messages. When I move a picture between categories I always inform the uploader. The page keeps on loading but the message did go through. I
Photo admin for the Passenger Vessels, RO/RO, Ship Interiors and Vehicle Carriers categories

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
« Reply #271 on: June 28, 2022, 03:12:45 PM »
Looks like adverts are back since the AIS has been added, even logging off and back on hasn't resolved rhe issue.

Offline andrecas

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 28, 2022, 09:39:57 PM »
It seems the "Ads free experience" was very brief.  Is it a feature the site will be restoring to those registered users who qualify...?

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2022, 11:16:11 AM »
When logged on, I get no ads or the banner at the bottom and I still have AdBlock on, I have more than 50 photos uploaded this year.

Got rid of the social media pop up as well just by "liking" the site, never looked at it though.

Offline andrecas

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2022, 02:10:30 PM »
Just an observation.....whether you scroll or click of the mouse, the site is saturated with ads.........

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 30, 2022, 09:55:23 PM »
I occasionally look at the Airnav 'plane plotter site (owner of this site) for aircraft flying over my home, which happens to be near the River Thames. In the past few days, some ships have begun appearing on it as well as aircraft.

Offline Hugo Vieira

• Administrator
  • Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2022, 02:34:35 PM »
Hello Everyone,

The advertisements on the site are going through an overhaul this week, including switching to another ad network.
As a consequence some unforeseen behavior was introduced into the website, including disrupting the "ad free experience".
Please bare with us as we are working in conjunction with our new partners to resolve these issues.

Cheers
Hugo Vieira
Dev Team for http://Shipspotting.com

Offline Dеnis

• Photo Administrator
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 11, 2022, 01:16:05 PM »
I do NOT find it convenient when on photo page under the photo the (Full Screen, Edit Info, Add/Remove to/from Favourites) is hidden in "More" button.

Not only more things to click but also how am I supposed to quickly see that this photo is already in my Favourites?

Please, revert it back to how it was.

I was posting this several times back then, I'm posting this again:
Make https://www.shipspotting.com/photo/favorites be able to also see as a GALLERY by adding the "Detailed Listing" option how it's in https://www.shipspotting.com/photo/uploaded
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 01:21:03 PM by Dеnis »
Regards,
Denis

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2022, 05:47:59 PM »
Hi Denis,  yes it is one click more, but it is not that bad. I first could not find EDIT INFO, but now that I know were it is, I have no problems with its location.
As far as favorites is concerned, I checked mine and found two shots that had ended up there long time and I have no idea how they came there. My "favorites" directory sits on my harddisk, if I see a shot that I like for whatever reason, I download it. (so in case I get banned I still have access to the shot). 

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 11, 2022, 07:30:20 PM »
Strange: under FULL SCREEN I can not save the photos any longer as JPG, only as full-web-page.
Is it only me or have other members noticed this as well?

Offline Johnny Holmen

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 11, 2022, 07:49:26 PM »
I've experienced the same this evening. A reply on this issue, is required from the support team.

Offline Tomislav Raymondi

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Soon - New website design
« Reply #281 on: July 11, 2022, 09:22:30 PM »
Today I had a very bad experience when opening the site, I logged in and a series of commercial advertisements appeared without counting the banner inviting to see the site on face book, tweeter and so on, I would suggest you see the option to eliminate this annoying wave of commercials that hinder the normal view of the photos.

Regards

Tomi.

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 12, 2022, 02:59:32 AM »
Strange: under FULL SCREEN I can not save the photos any longer as JPG, only as full-web-page.
Is it only me or have other members noticed this as well?
I noticed that same thing. If we can't share photos in full resolution then this all become pointless.

Offline Anthony Legg

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 12, 2022, 06:27:58 AM »
Today.....went to download a photo and can only get a web site photo....where has the download to my photo file that has worked well up to now, gone!!
This site is getting worse to use, I don't know how some members can be so supportive of all this bs, this has gone on for many many months, so when can we expect a fully operational service?
As I mentioned on another thread I would be happy to pay a monthly/annual fee for unrestricted ad free and stable access.

Offline Steve Tompkins

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 12, 2022, 06:32:10 AM »
I've been very patient with the changes, learning as I go. The latest change, making the pictures unavailable for download is very frustrating. Unless this changes, I'm done with this site. I understand the right of the photographer, copyright protection and all that, but if we only save the pics for our own collection, and the photographer doesn't mind, where's the harm?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk