Author Topic: Soon - New website design  (Read 33005 times)

Offline EnAvant30

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Soon - New website design
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2022, 04:03:56 PM »
I think the new website is terrible.

At home I can't even log in, even worse, the login drop down box isn't even working, same as other buttons.
These are the measures that i did;
Checked various browsers if I could login (Microsoft edge, Google Chrome, etc.), nothing worked.
Emptied my cookies, nothing.
Did a registry clean, also nothing.

I mailed the shipspotting team for some help, also no reaction.

Now I'm on the workaccount of my ship, that luckily does work but at home, nothing.

Maybe some members here have other ideas wich maybe can work.

Cheers

Leon

Offline Manfred

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2022, 05:37:07 PM »
I think the new website is terrible.
Why is that so if it works from your workaccount? Must check YOUR system maybe.
I'm with Pieter Inpijn: EVERYTHING IS WORKING PERFECT, have uploaded very many photos to this new design since the beginning and there weren't any issues at all.
Login/out, Uploading single or multiple, Messages are all there Inbox/Sent items, Categories and Search working fine and I'm sure it's not only lucky me.
Sorry to hear but the problem must be somewhere else, btw I'm on Windows 10 and Firefox.

@Owen Foley:
What seems to be your problem?

The navigation is clunky and the site doesn't look interesting.
The contents of the site is still the same, depending on uploaded images of your likes of course, navigating around might have changed a bit but so what. An extra click to get the ad out of the way? The site design is not interesting enough? OMG, big deal.
Relax and enjoy, have a drink!  ;D
Best wishes to all,
Manfred

'Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then'

Offline tvtech

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2022, 12:35:38 AM »
Indeed I do notice that the number of views is low but is the new website now so bad to handle that members stay away?
I used to spend plenty of time looking around on the old site but after a just a couple of minutes on the new site, I've lost interest.
That's why the number of views are so low.
The new site design, just isn't interesting.
It's just not a step forward.

I used to spend easily an hour a day on the old website looking at all that had been posted for the day. Now I spend 10 mins with the new site and I've had enough for the day. I've just lost all interest because if the new site. Byeee.

Offline Owen Foley

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • Above & Beyond
« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2022, 01:39:40 AM »
@Owen Foley:
What seems to be your problem?

The contents of the site is still the same, depending on uploaded images of your likes of course, navigating around might have changed a bit but so what. An extra click to get the ad out of the way? The site design is not interesting enough? OMG, big deal.
Relax and enjoy, have a drink!  ;D
I'm not the only member to have suggested this, and the significant reduction in the number of views that photos are getting makes it clear that the new website just isn't working near as well as the old one did.

Offline seaweasel

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2022, 09:26:36 AM »
Hello everybody,

although many problems have been solved with the new version it is a bit disappointing that hits and comments are now at a lower level than with the previous version. Let's hope that this will change for the better again gradually. After more than two months there is still the problem of logging in for some, which excludes these people from active participation here. To name but one person - nothing is heard any more from our fellow member Emmanuel L from Malta who was very active on the site hitherto. Many items have been solved by the IT-team (many thanks to them) but the new version has not - yet - reached the same level of acceptance as the replaced version. Some changes are affecting the community which is the core of this shipspotting site in my opinion and which meant a difference to other sites. I believe that for most of the members showing their photographs here it's not about "upload and forget". The feedback of likeminded persons makes such a site more attractive giving motivation and inspiration. So don't run away, stay with the site and make contributions like uploading pictures, comments and so on. Although I liked the old version more than this one we have to get along with what we have now. I'm convinced that we can have a vibrant community again if we have sufficient patience and perseverance.

Best wishes, Hans

Offline Richard Paton

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2022, 08:24:13 PM »
Is there a reason why when logged in and you click on a photo to full screen it's now blurry? Their sharp before you open them.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 08:38:45 PM by Richard Paton »

Offline Owen Foley

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • Above & Beyond
« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2022, 02:05:41 AM »
It seems that the Report to Moderator function for the forum doesn't work.
There are a bunch of recent spam posts that are still there despite reporting 24 hours ago

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2022, 04:07:25 AM »
Maybe the mods are too busy removing critical comments re SS from facebook. Another member reported this on another thread here.

Offline Paul Finnigan

• Photo Administrator
  • Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2022, 07:28:13 AM »
Not sure how the top photos of the last 24 hours works but one of the photos has only 1 hit   ???

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2022, 08:32:16 PM »
Simply it doesn
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 03:12:03 PM by victor radio74 »

Offline seaweasel

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2022, 10:47:46 AM »
Hello everybody,

since a few days all pictures are shown at nearly full screen size when selected. The former default size has been abandoned with the photo details incl. description now repositioned below.

In my opinion it's neither necessary nor desirable to view every picture at (nearly) full screen size or bigger ALL THE TIME. It also distracts from the ship's details including the photo description. So an imbalance is created between the photograph and all other details concerning this vessel. Far too much scrolling is needed to get an overall impression of a certain vessel from the picture down to the details, etc., other photos and eventually reaching the comments section.

Just my opinion, it would be interesting to hear what other members think of these most recent changes.

Best wishes to all, Hans

Offline Manfred

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2022, 01:45:46 PM »
Hi,
the way the images are displayed now suits me best.
The position on the screen of the hopefully correct details provided and a possible available discription by the poster are definitely of secondary interest to me. When enlarging, it is the photo I'm interested in first. And the current size as default can be enjoyed by any dedicated photographer imho.
If scrolling down to read the details or a comment I can hardly say that this spoils my overall impression of a vessel in any way, imbalance? Sorry no, not for me.
I'm satisfied with this new layout, all works for me.
Best wishes, Manfred

Btw, I've noticed that some uploaded photos extended the 4000x4000 rule, anything new on that?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 02:19:04 PM by Manfred »
'Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then'

Offline Richard Paton

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2022, 08:00:51 PM »
What's the crack with the message disable ad script blocking software etc that's shown it's hand tonight. I get ads help with the costs involved in the site but it's a pain to switch it off/on for this one site only.

Perhaps i'm missing the logic here but surely the same settings for displaying photos etc that was on the old site could just be applied to this site to? Keep the continuity going with what were familiar with or is that just not possible?

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2022, 02:44:13 PM »
Another "improvement", I guess. I can't access the site any more from home, just from work.

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 18, 2022, 03:18:49 PM »
From one day to the next and without warning, this website only appears to be viewable after the adblock has been removed.
So only access while constantly being harassed with completely useless ads.
But I do not want to uninstall / install adblock each day for looking at a few new photo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk