Author Topic: Soon - New website design  (Read 33014 times)

Clydee

Re: Soon - New website design
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2022, 10:22:30 AM »
It is not only you Pieter

It is a problem that needs to be fixed

As you say, the button PHOTOS / MOST POPULAR 24 HOURS shows the correct photos and views.

Clyde

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 22, 2022, 01:08:54 PM »
Talking on glitchs the like button doesn

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2022, 07:16:17 PM »
Like button is fine now

Offline lappino

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2022, 01:16:58 PM »
...and I wondering if there is also something wrong with the hits,so few now

Example: 40 photos uploaded in more than 1 hour, grand total of 32 (thirty two!) views/hits among them. :)

With the new design, mass uploading became a bit easier (even if not free from bugs), but I guess we can forget about the views.

Offline Brett Moore

• Just can't stay away
  • Duncan Dock, Table Bay Harbour, Cape Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2022, 06:20:30 PM »
IMHO, until such time as the site owners and paying members agree that this was a monumental disaster, it will be very sad.

Offline seaweasel

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 26, 2022, 07:11:35 AM »
Hello everybody, there are indications that only a part of the clicks on a certain picture is registrated and if so the number of indicated hits would be too low. This may lead to frustration by many and also give a wrong impression of the interest in this site.

Please IT-team address and check this important item as soon as possible to exclude a  technical error with the indicated hits.

And, once again, please increase communication with the community, that's also very important for all involved. Many thanks in advance for your efforts.

Cheers, Hans

Offline Paul Finnigan

• Photo Administrator
  • Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 02, 2022, 07:24:42 AM »
I have noticed since the switch to the new site my photo views have dropped quite significantly, not sure if its because my photos are uninteresting since the move or less visitors to the site ?     

Offline Tony Martin

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2022, 08:30:18 AM »
Hi Paul, I think the issue is that users a frustrated with the site, still a lot of issues. My big issue is that ads continue to override the pages I am viewing. I previously spent many hours scrolling through, now at best 10 minutes per day. I have now joined fleetmon not as good as the old site but ok. I know what the owner was trying to achieve however does not work for me. Cheers

Offline Paul Finnigan

• Photo Administrator
  • Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 02, 2022, 10:07:04 AM »
Hi Paul, I think the issue is that users a frustrated with the site, still a lot of issues. My big issue is that ads continue to override the pages I am viewing. I previously spent many hours scrolling through, now at best 10 minutes per day. I have now joined fleetmon not as good as the old site but ok. I know what the owner was trying to achieve however does not work for me. Cheers
Hi Tony,

Yeah the ads are a problem clicking on a photo and a ad pops up.I know I spend less time here as it very hard to navigate around the site especially when using a phone to view the site.

Might have to look at another site maybe Fleetmon if things don't improve here which is sad as the old site was very good to use.
Cheers, Paul   

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 02, 2022, 01:52:18 PM »
Hi Guys

Re: Ad problems

I use AdBlock and I get no ads at all. Its free but you can make a donation if you like.
Regards

Bob

carimar

« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2022, 06:35:05 AM »
Hi I've noticed that all my messages are not anymore in my Message box, also I can not find my Outbox? Are the Messages a Total loss or they will be restored some day in near future?

carimar

« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2022, 07:24:26 AM »
Hi folks
I'm really not satisfied with the new design; I cannot edit my own photographs? See attachment. My message box is empty, no more outbox?, sometime its shown that I've never uploaded any photographs, it looks like my account with the same name appears twice on Shipspotting? and so on? I'm going to lose my patience with the new design. If you touch or improve something it must be better than the old system otherwise doesn

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 05, 2022, 07:31:16 AM »
After viewing and uploading on the new webite for a few months now, I have no complaints at all.
All is working fine and fast (I am using Google Chrome).
Must remark that most editing and viewing I use the button "open link in new tab", it saves time in reloading the page I came from.
Also checking IMO and / or ENI after posting is much easier now: just click on the photo in the upload-screen, click on the IMO or ENI and you can see any possible mistakes right away and correct it.

In fact I do not understand why other members still have issues and problems with the website.
Indeed I do notice that the number of views is low but is the new website now so bad to handle that members stay away?

However still a few wishes / questions
On the page "Most popular photos" add name of the vessel and number of views. The time-stamp that is shown now is not relevant for me.
The button "limit 12/24/36/page etc" is nowhere working, better to remove it?
In the upload screen I have at right a box called "Reminders".  No idea what to do with it. It has now the text for weeks "comments (2)" but why do I have to know that and how can I empty that message box?

Regards Pieter Inpijn

Offline Owen Foley

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • Above & Beyond
« Reply #208 on: May 05, 2022, 09:24:56 AM »
Indeed I do notice that the number of views is low but is the new website now so bad to handle that members stay away?
The navigation is clunky and the site doesn't look interesting.
I used to spend plenty of time looking around on the old site but after a just a couple of minutes on the new site, I've lost interest.
That's why the number of views are so low.
The new site design, just isn't interesting.
It's just not a step forward.

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 05, 2022, 03:09:11 PM »

I think the reason for low number of views is that the photos on the home page are much bigger then on the old website so no need to click on them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk