Author Topic: Accident Julietta D IMO: 9590618 and Tanker Pechora Star IMO: 9488322  (Read 895 times)

Offline Peter S. aus N

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
After a ship collision on the North Sea off the Dutch coast, 18 people have been rescued. The crew of the freighter Julietta D was taken off board by helicopter, the Coast Guard announced on Monday. The ship is now adrift about 24 kilometers off the coast of The Hague and has to be towed ashore.

In the morning, the Julietta D collided with the tanker Pechora Star in violent gusts of wind with speeds of up to 120 kilometers per hour. The tanker is said to be stable and has not lost any cargo.

Both ships were anchored off Ijmuiden, about 30 kilometers west of Amsterdam. The anchor chain of the Julietta D broke for an unknown reason. The ship was damaged in the collision and the engine room quickly filled with water, the Coast Guard said. Two rescue helicopters and several lifeboats were deployed to rescue the crew. A Belgian coast guard helicopter was also alerted. (APA/dpa)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:47:47 PM by Peter S. aus N »
I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova. My favorite is the Suez Canal, Panama Canal and since 2006 also Chinese harbours.

Offline Timsen

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Accident Julietta D IMO: 9590618 and Tanker Pechora Star IMO: 9488322
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 09:32:53 AM »
A liveblog is being offered on
www.kustwacht.nl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk