Author Topic: Is the Celestyal Crystal being sold off?  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Is the Celestyal Crystal being sold off?
« on: August 15, 2020, 02:28:30 AM »
Today, I noticed that the online for sale page of Celestyal Crystal has a red Sale Pending message in it. That means that whoever is buying her is negotiating with the ship sellers and Celestyal Cruises. It makes sense why they would sell the ship: she has been sailing with Celestyal Cruises for 13 years and plus they recently bought the Costa neoRomantica from Costa Cruises. But let's hope that a cruise line is actually buying her because if the buyer is the Aliaga scrappers, than the 28 year old vessel that also has a 40 year old keel will bite the dust.

Celestyal Crystal: https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1992/cruise-ship-1400-passengers-stock-no-s2002-2792861/
Angelgreat was here. :)

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Celestyal Crystal being sold off?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 12:59:28 PM »
Oh no... Not my favourite cruise ship of all times!  I say, we shall convince someone into buying her. A some super rich businessman would be fine too, cause he can convert her into a nice looking yacht!

Dude, most of the vessel almost 30 years old and has a keel that's 40 years ago. She's technically older than Sovereign, Monarch, Fantasy, and Inspiration. I think the money should be better spent on saving Marco Polo and Astoria.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 02:17:53 PM by davidships »

Offline Heinu Sch

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 05:13:13 PM »
Oh no... Not my favourite cruise ship of all times!  I say, we shall convince someone into buying her. A some super rich businessman would be fine too, cause he can convert her into a nice looking yacht!

Dude, most of the vessel almost 30 years old and has a keel that's 40 years ago. She's technically older than Sovereign, Monarch, Fantasy, and Inspiration. I think the money should be better spent on saving Marco Polo and Astoria.

Now, I'm no expert, but I suspect Denis was being sarcastic...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 02:18:31 PM by davidships »

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 09:20:20 PM »
Davidships has removed all of Denis' replies and my latest reply. Let's be relevant when discussing here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk