Author Topic: Carnival Looking for Shipyard to Finish Radiance Conversion  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Carnival Cruise Lines wants to finish the conversion of the Carnival Victory into the Carnival Radiance, but the shipyards in Navantia, Spain are closed from this pandemic, so Carnival is looking at finishing the vessel at another shipyard. Here is the link.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23195-carnival-looking-for-shipyard-to-finish-radiance-conversion.html
Angelgreat was here. :)

Offline rd77

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Carnival Looking for Shipyard to Finish Radiance Conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 06:56:51 AM »
I think they are just buying themselves some time to decide what to do with the ship. There is no reason why Navantia could not work on the ship at the moment. Pretty much all yards in Europe are operating again. The ship is partly stripped and Carnival still needs to spend the better part of USD 200 million on it to complete the refit. I have my doubts that that will happen...

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Carnival Looking for Shipyard to Finish Radiance Conversion
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 06:13:09 PM »
Well, Carnival already wasted $400,000,000 on refurbishing the Triumph class in it's Carnival cruise line fleet into the Sunshine Class. With the way the pandemic has affected the industry, it has delayed Carnival Radiance as well as the new Mardi Gras. Even the Sunrise is for sale online! Plus, the company sold Costa Vicroria and P&O Oceana to scrappers despite those vessels being around 20 years old. In fact, the Radiance as well as the Sunrise is already 20 years old, so if they can't finish her, then they could scrap her to recoup the money they lost.
Angelgreat was here. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk