Author Topic: "Ocean Ships"  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Russell Judge

• Supporter
  • Just can't stay away
  • Ex seagoing engineer 1965-1971
    • View Profile
"Ocean Ships"
« on: April 13, 2020, 11:18:57 AM »
Some good news in these troubled times.
I am advised that Crecy Publication will issue the 18th edition on 30th October 2020.
This is confirmed on their website.
Not sure how the current situation will affect that but at least a silver cloud

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: "Ocean Ships"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 01:58:45 PM »
Sorry Russell - Ocean Ships will NOT be published by Crecy at all.  Their relationship with me, the author, was terminated last week as they have been unable or unwilling to provide a contract since I first met with them in October last year.   Because of the virus their 2020 catalogue is null and void.

Please do not make these announcements when you are not armed with the facts.  It is very misleading and can cause problems.

I have made other arrangements and a book will be forthcoming, hopefully later this year, but I am not prepared to say any more at this time.  An announcement will be made by me, and the new publishers in due course.

Allan Ryszka-Onions 

Offline ChasB46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 05:14:49 PM »
Allan , a bit harsh on Russell. I think the blame should be aimed at Crecy as they are taking orders/add to cart on website. http://www.crecy.co.uk/ocean-ships-18th-edition.
Chas

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 06:26:19 PM »
Hi Chas

I think Crecy are being very unprofessional if they have not amended their web-site to confirm their 2020 catalogue is withdrawn because of uncertainty regarding printing/publication dates caused by the current pandemic.   

And even more so if they are taking pre-publication orders for a book which they effectively cancelled last week.  They had been either incapable of or unwilling to produce a contract for the manuscript since I first met with their MD last October, using one excuse after another.  And even during that meeting when I asked a direct question as to whether they intended to publish Ocean Ships this year, his answer was 'Yes and No' which did not exactly fill me with confidence.

Allan

Offline Russell Judge

• Supporter
  • Just can't stay away
  • Ex seagoing engineer 1965-1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 01:39:23 PM »
Thanks Allan for your kind words of encouragement.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk