Author Topic: Inland tankers with ENI & IMO numbers.  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Russell Judge

• Supporter
  • Just can't stay away
  • Ex seagoing engineer 1965-1971
    • View Profile
Inland tankers with ENI & IMO numbers.
« on: August 05, 2019, 07:42:31 AM »
Is this possible?
For instance; inland tanker "Texas" is shown as IMO 9295309 AND 06004033.
However, when I search on my old Lloyds Register CD or on Equasis, the IMO number is invalid.
Please claify

Thanks

Offline Bj

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Inland tankers with ENI & IMO numbers.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 09:04:47 AM »
IMO 9295309. This Ship IMO Number has been given the current ship name TEXAS. It carries the flag of BELGIUM

In fact, TEXAS is marked as having a vessel type of "INLAND TANKER"and its trade indicator is unknown to us.

The hull of boat 9295309 (TEXAS) is made of metal/steel andwas manufactured by DE GERLIEN VAN TIEM - DRUTEN, NETHERLANDS in 2004. The length of this boat iswhile the vessel has a gross tonnage of 2011 tons and a dead weight of4164 tons

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Inland tankers with ENI & IMO numbers.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 09:07:01 AM »
9295309 is a perfectly valid IMO number and is correct for this TEXAS.  Equasis does not say it is an invalid number - just "No company nor Ship has been found with your criteria!"  That is because Equasis does not cover all ship types - the same result occurs with fishing vessels and yachts, for example, that have IMO numbers.  I'm not sure, but the same may apply to LR CDs, though that may depend on how old they are, and when the IMO number was allocated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk