Author Topic: Up to  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Up to
« on: March 20, 2018, 02:16:14 PM »
A real bargain... Repair and modernisation of German naval training vessel "Gorch Fock" (IMO 5133644) will cost up to
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:19:18 PM by Jens Boldt »

Offline itsfoto

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Up to
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 09:08:42 AM »
Restauration GORCH FOCK
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:10:58 AM by itsfoto »

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 05:08:46 PM »
I have never quite understood the relevance of a sailing ship for training in a modern navy. Sensibly, the Royal Navy doesn't have one.

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 06:54:42 PM »
may be we should Bob, at least they would not need to be re-engined like the type 45 disasters.

Allan

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 07:07:37 PM »
Me neither, Bob, but according to the master of "Gorch Fock" the ship is "fullfilling an essential task in training new recruits". And for many officers of the German navy the ship is more than a training ship - she's identity-generating and a piece of tradition.

Uwe, isn't it in the media almost on a daily basis? Large parts of the equipment of Bundeswehr, Bundesmarine and Bundesluftwaffe are in a deplorable state. Not too long ago for example (if I remember correctly) 6 out of 6 active German submarines where under repair at the same time. In 2017 seven out of eight Airbus A400M were under repair or inspection at the same time etc. etc.

Our ministers of finance exaggerated the money saving a bit and our ministers of defence... well, I can't recall a single one who did a good job. (For example: zu Guttenberg was occupied with trying to draw the curtain over his copied dissertation; de Maizi

Offline pspott

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 01:38:39 PM »
Me neither, Bob, but according to the master of "Gorch Fock" the ship is "fullfilling an essential task in training new recruits". And for many officers of the German navy the ship is more than a training ship - she's identity-generating and a piece of tradition.
I agree with you

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 01:21:22 AM »
Good things come to those who wait...

After five years of restauration and repairs the work on Gorch Fock is coming to an end.
On March 10th she was lowered into the water again at L

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk