Author Topic: Unessessary Deletion  (Read 7445 times)

Offline phantom53

• Quite a regular
  • Little old me
    • View Profile
Unessessary Deletion
« on: March 03, 2018, 11:28:02 PM »
Must have been a quiet day at Shipspotting Towers today, had a two year old photo deleted for being, "Angle too similar" Whats that all about

Offline Cees Bustraan

• Supporter
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Unessessary Deletion
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 11:44:58 PM »
I had this several times.

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 11:37:07 AM »
Same here...........most probably justified to be fair, but from so long ago...............most have several hundred hits with no member adversely commenting.

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 01:59:07 PM »
Site rules are quite clear about the variation in angle between consecutive shots. Sometimes it is a long time before contraventions are noticed by admins.

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 03:10:57 PM »
I seem to recollect some time ago there was a confirmation that there would be no retrospective deletions - has this changed ?

Allan

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 03:19:02 PM »
There was such an announcement but it related to some rule changes that had been made. It was a lot more that 2 years ago. I think it was about 2008.

Offline phantom53

• Quite a regular
  • Little old me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 03:20:57 PM »
I seem to recollect some time ago there was a confirmation that there would be no retrospective deletions - has this changed ?

Allan
Maybe it's only for some, and obviously not us

Offline phantom53

• Quite a regular
  • Little old me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 03:29:04 PM »
Site rules are quite clear about the variation in angle between consecutive shots. Sometimes it is a long time before contraventions are noticed by admins.
I totally agree, and would accept it , but on looking at the offending photo, it seems that the reviewer needs to pay a visit to specsavers if he thinks that this is the same angle as any of the others

Offline Ken Smith

• President Emeritus
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 04:50:16 PM »

It was proposed and accepted on Aug 26th 2013 that when considering a photograph for Deletion the
Admin should not go back more than twelve calendar months from the date that the photograph was uploaded, in other words after one year unless of course it is fully justified no photograph should be deleted.
Regards
Ken

Offline phantom53

• Quite a regular
  • Little old me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 07:08:45 PM »
Thank you Ken for your valuable comment, does this mean that admin should reinstate my photo then

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 01:51:37 AM »
@phantom53:  if you will just reply to the emailed deletion notice (which is the normal procedure for members who wish to query a deletion) we will look into it.  I will want to be sure which photo you are referring to as my limited log of deletions shows a count of two, but only one photo ID.

The decision of 26/8/2013 was indeed issued by Ken for the guidance of Admin; it seems that it was not more widely publicised, nor was the relevant FAQ revised at the time
http://www.shipspotting.com/support/faq.php?category=How%20to%20Upload%20Photos#88
http://www.shipspotting.com/support/faq.php?category=How%20to%20Upload%20Photos#89
I will take forward the updating of this guidance.

More generally, just for info, the current rule regarding multiple photos, that also appears in the General Site Standards was introduced on 3 Nov 2014:
http://forum.shipspotting.com/index.php/topic,13558.msg72025.html#msg72025

[nb I am moving this thread from the Shipping News forum to Site related news, functions and modules]

Offline phantom53

• Quite a regular
  • Little old me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 11:50:33 AM »

Hi Davidships, this is the photo in question ID:2640738 Karl Jakob K

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk