Author Topic: Note for tug moderators  (Read 6806 times)

Offline Manuel Hernandez Lafuente

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Note for tug moderators
« on: April 09, 2017, 09:25:57 AM »
I would like to state to the moderation that the tugboats of Boluda Corporaci

Offline Captain Carlitos

• Quite a regular
  • Carlos Vadir Go
    • View Profile
    • www.lacuadernacubana.com
Re: Note for tug moderators
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 01:01:57 PM »
Hi manuel, I did not know Boluda's decision, the fact is that the helmet of many tug points come out and as such I say, they must climb to the name of the tug in question, for example the V.B. Brio, now for ESCAR. Greetings.

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 03:14:15 PM »
Was in 2012, from the VB Llevant. Although the points with which they are painted in the hull, officially in papers are already without dots.

Offline Captain Carlitos

• Quite a regular
  • Carlos Vadir Go
    • View Profile
    • www.lacuadernacubana.com
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 03:25:17 PM »
OK Manuel.

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 01:08:57 PM »
Whatever Boluda wish to put on their web page, ship's official classification and registration documents say differently, e.g. http://www.veristar.com/portal/veristarinfo/equasis?IMO=9289295

Brgds
Phil

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 02:49:12 PM »
That document contains information that is not correct. One of them is the name, another the Call Sign that is not ECF1 but ECFI. Apart from the fact that the document itself states "Complete accuracy of this information can not be guaranteed."

There are also more updated official documents like this one from VB Huelva in which it is already corrected → https://www.leonardoinfo.com/leonardoInfo/LeoInfoLogInExternalServlet?ImoNum=9114892

Regards,
Manuel
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:33:26 PM by Manuel Hern »

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 04:01:45 PM »
No ship information is guaranteed, including that from owners. As far as ship names are concerned, class and registry are usually reliable given that they issue ships' official documents. However, there seems to be inconsistency regarding the Boluda tugs. Indeed Equasis (IHSF data) whilst also not always reliable, has a mix of "V.B." and "VB". I also have access to some non-public data which confuses the issue even more!

Brgds
Phil

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 12:41:20 AM »
Thank you Manuel for drawing this to our attention and to others for their observations.  Nothing pleases me more than to hear that Boluda decided to clear up the confusion that they created in the first place with inconsistent naming both in their submissions to registration authorities, and also in what they had painted on their tugs - within their own control from the beginning. However registration authorities do occasionally make mistakes, and it is not at all unknown for revised registration or other certificates to be issued (without the correction being recorded as a "change of name".

We have, in principle, decided to adopt Equasis as the most accessible quality source for those vessels it covers, for the convenience of our members and to aid the admin team and the overall efficiency of the site.  As has been said, national flag registers are the most official source, but few of those are accessible publicly.  All flag authorities have the ability to have Equasis data corrected, if they so wish.

Incidentally, for Spain, is the government's 'Lista oficial de buques' 2009 the latest accessible online (without a paywall)? 

However, none of this should preclude us using common sense and making modifications where necessary.  For example, we already exclude non-latin alphabets and additional letters or accents, even though the official ship name may include them. 

I see that all the VB tugs on-site have aleady been unified, even those that pre-date Boluda's 2014 corporate decision, and am content to let that stand, even though some well pre-date the changes.

best wishes

David 

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 06:44:45 AM »
The above once more emphasizes the need to have the (IMO)numbers correct, as numbers have the nice habit that they only be written in one way. As far as Equasis is concerned, for the tanker sector I tend to stay away from them, in case of doubt I mostly check the owners webpages to see what tankertype we are dealing with. In case of doubt, there is always Phil..... ;) 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk